nugget hunter nz

My Thoughts On The Whites 24k So Far And Opinions Against My Gm1000

Interesting read, and thanks for taking the time to post your reflections.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 5

Well done, brother, just exactly the concise, unbiased report that many have been waiting to see. Here in the Mojave Desert my 24k  has found microflakes as small as 1/20th grain (1/9600th of a Troy ounce). With gold at 1,300 USD per ounce, they would be worth less than 14 cents each. Looking forward to more videos! HH Jim 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic report and videos.  The 24K has so much more capabilities and features over my Monster 1000.  Yes I prefer the White's 24K as my VLF Gold Only detector and my 1000 has taken a back seat.  I've bee trying to tell folks that since I started testing it last summer, but when you are a dealer, many people feel you are "just trying to sell".  Well those who know me and purchased one have been quite pleased.

Being a Minelab guy is fine and I too like most of their technologies, but I also realize I need to see what the other brands and models are doing too.  Especially if I am going to sell them and offer Field Training.

Sorry your pooch does not get as excited about it as you do.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I've been trying to tell folks that since I started testing it last summer, but when you are a dealer, many people feel you are "just trying to sell". 

Hi Gerry, Yer...that must be tough. Selling a detector, be it a Whites, Minelab or whatever is all going to be business for you & a dollar in you pocket, but I really appreciate your honesty & seen & heard enough from you over the years to take notice of you & what you have to say. You have used them all & If you like the 24K there are good reasons for that. I can just see Simon now rubbing his hands together.....:laugh:

Nice report nugget hunter nz & thanks for the time & effort.👍 Not that I hold much value on air tests. Be interesting to see results from out in the field. I know how good the GB2, GM 1000 & Nox 800 are on tiny gold. It is very hard to seperate them. IMHO. It just comes down to what features you like or think can help you a bit more. I dig every signal as VDI's mean nothing on those tiny tiny bits, & I am talking TINY. The VDI's can be all over the place or not register at all & only a slight crackle in the audio, only locking on better as the gold gets bigger. I know that if a 24k was a bit more easy to get here in NZ I would have one, I just can't help myself. Got 2 GMT's. 3 actually as I have the model before the GMT, the GM/4B :rolleyes: 

Good luck out there

JW 🤠

• Like 5

I'm conflicted about buying anymore VLF's.  The few I have are all about the same in capability once you get to the top end ones.  As JW said it's all down to features and having the features you need.  I'm pretty satisfied where I am sitting now with VLF's.  Once you know to ignore the VDI numbers and dig every little noise you're pretty set with any of them 🙂  Not to mention my wife would kill me if a new detector appeared in a couriers hands at my door. I'm banned from buying detecting stuff at the moment.

I liked your videos thanks Nugget hunter.  I hope to see more in field results from you soon, I'm sure you'll do very well with it.

I like air tests in a way as if it won't see it in the air it's sure as hell not going to see it in the ground so it gives you an idea of how well it will do in optimal conditions.

I know it might be a big ask but in your little collection of gold nuggets there you have some really small ones, the one that you put on your scales that didn't register is quite a decent size chunk so I don't think your scales are very sensitive to the tiny bits.  If you could please get one of the really small ones and do a video at some point of how close to the coil you can get it I'd appreciate that. 

Something this size would be ideal

IMG_20190528_104823.jpg.a1e1dfb47e83eb00ec4bccfd410d470b.jpg

It's 0.011 grams, found with the Equinox.  That photo is zoomed right in so you can see it properly.  I just want to get an idea on the distance from the coil the 24k will pick that size up.    Thanks!

I'm struggling to find a way to give you an idea of the size, here's another photo with it next to a shotgun pellet and a $2 coin to try give perspective as my fingers probably not ideal.

IMG_20190528_110705.jpg.42cf653bf12290a4c4977ef9c9ce9ebc.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

the one that you put on your scales that didn't register is quite a decent size chunk

That was my thoughts too...compared to way smaller ones that I have found with EQ800, GM 1000 & GB2.

Examples: EQ 800 & 6" coil

20180805_124357

20180805_125547

20180824_191436

20180824_184856

20180805_191924

11" coil deadly on small gold too

20180303_201329

20180307_214651

GM 1000 10" coil

20171223_111359

20171203_171129

20171119_162853(0)

20170423_170249

5" coil

20180622_163739

20170430_161814

20170617_222043-1

20180621_180832-1

20180425_124746

20180425_163032

20180425_190421

GB2

20180716_110825

20180718_205036

20180628_153009

20180628_145444

20170828_131448

20171018_165326

All crazy small gold.

Look forward to seeing the 24k with out in the field results. Cheers

JW 🤠

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Fantastic report and videos.  The 24K has so much more capabilities and features over my Monster 1000.  Yes I prefer the White's 24K as my VLF Gold Only detector and my 1000 has taken a back seat.  I've bee trying to tell folks that since I started testing it last summer, but when you are a dealer, many people feel you are "just trying to sell".  Well those who know me and purchased one have been quite pleased.

Being a Minelab guy is fine and I too like most of their technologies, but I also realize I need to see what the other brands and models are doing too.  Especially if I am going to sell them and offer Field Training.

Sorry your pooch does not get as excited about it as you do.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks gerry. 

Yes my self included was very surprised with it. I guess like myself I was reserved about buying on as there just isn't the videos out there or even online reviews.. And I think people get it in their heads that we'll I haven't herd anything so they must not be very good.. I'll deffanitly be putting up a lot of videos on my channel and this weekend I'm planning to get out in the hills see how it goes I have a few targets that I have diliberalty left in the ground in bedrock as I know they are gold but like to use them to test settings responses etc  

Really can't wait to get my hands on the 4x6 coil 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nugget hunter nz said:

there just isn't the videos out there or even online reviews

You have mentioned this several times. Here are three pages of threads about the 24K.

In the past you blew those reports off as untrustworthy. Frankly, in my opinion, now that you are validating the earlier reporting you could at least acknowledge it exists.

• Like 1

Simon, to answer your question regarding how far the 24k will air test on your 0.011 gram (0.169 grain) bit, I just ran tests using 1/20th grain (0.003 gram), 1/10th grain (0.006 gram) and 1/4 grain (0.016 gram) bits. To make this test REALISTIC I did not crank the sensitivity to maximum, rather, I set it up EXACTLY to the in-field settings I personally use here in the Mojave Desert. The reason I did this is that I deplore metal detector dealers who "demonstrate" the "performance" of their machines after adjusting them to settings beyond what can actually be used in the field, and then claiming such distances represent true performance. The settings I used were sensitivity 8, boost 2, and ground balanced to the actual soil, then locked those settings with traclock. I used the 6.5" Concentric. In short, all I had to do was tap the ON button, at which point the 24k automatically reverts to the last-used settings, without further ground balancing or adjustment.  The carefully measured results, using a clear plastic ruler, are .003 gram=1.0 inch, .006 gram=1.5 inches, .016 gram=2.0 inches. In each case the 24k gave clear, audible signals, not "hopeful whispers."  Since your .011 bit falls midway between the .006 and .016 bits, I would estimate it would be detected at 1.75 inches. Looking at the photos posted, I can guarantee you that the 24k is capable of detecting each bit shown. Hope this helps; HH Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1