My Thoughts On The Whites 24k So Far And Opinions Against My Gm1000

So my new Whites 24k arrived this morning finally after some issues with New Zealand post "before I begin I must give a big shout out to the guys at sneedens who are brokers for customs etc they made everything very simple for me... Right back to the detecter.. I wasn't sure what to expect as there is very little information out there bar the odd person and dealers pushing it. As I've owned many detectors over the years minelab grew on me as my favorite mainly because they were simply superior to the rest. Anyway I wiped up a unboxing video 

I then moved on to do some playing just with air tests and tho they are just that air tests I was pretty dam gobsmacked to say the least as it was pouring down out side icouldn't venture out to do some ground tests but from the air tests it's got the monster for depth 

The rain finally gave up this arvo so I grabed some gold ranging from non registering to 1.68 gm and in between. And set out for a spot close to me that was one of the big gold rush areas

, now I'd taken the gm1000 here before and it was quite chatty in the upper sensitivity regions as the gm1000 is generally. Now once there I had a play with the 24k just with settings etc and to my surprise the ground there registered 90 on the ground balance to hot as hell was no wonder the gm1000 struggeled here but I was running the 24k max sens 10 vsat lowest it goes  and the threshold was rock stable I was using locked ground balance and I do have to say that both the ground grab and xgb was incredibly quick to balance. No the ground is full of black sand so it did kill the depth on targets but not as much as I thought and I could still get the 0.00 non registering bit even with a layer ground on top . But I have already found a quirk with this machine that's a positive if you put it in xgb but run it with a negative ground balance of about - 2 for 30 seconds or so then lock it change it to positive 2 and then manual ground grab the machine goes as quiet as a church mouse with just the threshold hum no hot rock or ground feed back only targets make any noise.. But it hit every target clean and at good depth that 6 inch round is impressive but I can't wait for the 4x6 early next month... Now I also found the threshold as almost to stable for the sensitivity as I said I started on max and was stable as with bit of ground noise that I was able to get rid of as mentioned above. Now when I turned the sensitivity down to 7 I gained depth.. Lol yes gained I think on 10 it was geting over loaded by the black sand abit even tho my threshold was rock solid I gave up playing with my gold targets and went for we hunt knowing people use it for sighting in rifles there and I managed to pick out lead fragment one after the other as I went along.. Also worth noting there is Zero and I mean zero coil noise you can bash it scrape it knock it on things and not a peep... its going to be a learning curve to learn its qurkes but so far I have to say it beats the monster in just about every aspect apart from the monster being able to be custom made on broom stick or bush branch lol.. 

IMG_20190525_114006.jpg

• Like 8

• The title was changed to My Thoughts On The Whites 24k So Far And Opinions Against My Gm1000

Well done, brother, just exactly the concise, unbiased report that many have been waiting to see. Here in the Mojave Desert my 24k  has found microflakes as small as 1/20th grain (1/9600th of a Troy ounce). With gold at 1,300 USD per ounce, they would be worth less than 14 cents each. Looking forward to more videos! HH Jim 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic report and videos.  The 24K has so much more capabilities and features over my Monster 1000.  Yes I prefer the White's 24K as my VLF Gold Only detector and my 1000 has taken a back seat.  I've bee trying to tell folks that since I started testing it last summer, but when you are a dealer, many people feel you are "just trying to sell".  Well those who know me and purchased one have been quite pleased.

Being a Minelab guy is fine and I too like most of their technologies, but I also realize I need to see what the other brands and models are doing too.  Especially if I am going to sell them and offer Field Training.

Sorry your pooch does not get as excited about it as you do.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Fantastic report and videos.  The 24K has so much more capabilities and features over my Monster 1000.  Yes I prefer the White's 24K as my VLF Gold Only detector and my 1000 has taken a back seat.  I've bee trying to tell folks that since I started testing it last summer, but when you are a dealer, many people feel you are "just trying to sell".  Well those who know me and purchased one have been quite pleased.

Being a Minelab guy is fine and I too like most of their technologies, but I also realize I need to see what the other brands and models are doing too.  Especially if I am going to sell them and offer Field Training.

Sorry your pooch does not get as excited about it as you do.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks gerry. 

Yes my self included was very surprised with it. I guess like myself I was reserved about buying on as there just isn't the videos out there or even online reviews.. And I think people get it in their heads that we'll I haven't herd anything so they must not be very good.. I'll deffanitly be putting up a lot of videos on my channel and this weekend I'm planning to get out in the hills see how it goes I have a few targets that I have diliberalty left in the ground in bedrock as I know they are gold but like to use them to test settings responses etc  

Really can't wait to get my hands on the 4x6 coil 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, nugget hunter nz said:

there just isn't the videos out there or even online reviews

You have mentioned this several times. Here are three pages of threads about the 24K.

In the past you blew those reports off as untrustworthy. Frankly, in my opinion, now that you are validating the earlier reporting you could at least acknowledge it exists.

• Like 1

Simon, to answer your question regarding how far the 24k will air test on your 0.011 gram (0.169 grain) bit, I just ran tests using 1/20th grain (0.003 gram), 1/10th grain (0.006 gram) and 1/4 grain (0.016 gram) bits. To make this test REALISTIC I did not crank the sensitivity to maximum, rather, I set it up EXACTLY to the in-field settings I personally use here in the Mojave Desert. The reason I did this is that I deplore metal detector dealers who "demonstrate" the "performance" of their machines after adjusting them to settings beyond what can actually be used in the field, and then claiming such distances represent true performance. The settings I used were sensitivity 8, boost 2, and ground balanced to the actual soil, then locked those settings with traclock. I used the 6.5" Concentric. In short, all I had to do was tap the ON button, at which point the 24k automatically reverts to the last-used settings, without further ground balancing or adjustment.  The carefully measured results, using a clear plastic ruler, are .003 gram=1.0 inch, .006 gram=1.5 inches, .016 gram=2.0 inches. In each case the 24k gave clear, audible signals, not "hopeful whispers."  Since your .011 bit falls midway between the .006 and .016 bits, I would estimate it would be detected at 1.75 inches. Looking at the photos posted, I can guarantee you that the 24k is capable of detecting each bit shown. Hope this helps; HH Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You have mentioned this several times. Here are three pages of threads about the 24K.

In the past you blew those reports off as untrustworthy. Frankly, in my opinion, now that you are validating the earlier reporting you could at least acknowledge it exists.

Sorry Steve yes of corse I acknowadge those.. I was just more meaning in terms of YouTube videos in real world situations. I guess because when minelab released the gm1000 there was a lot of reviews and videos coming out almost straight away I spent hours and hours combing YouTube and Google to try find reviews or videos but there was very very little was all I ment.. Those couple of threads were very helpful and part of the reason I chose to get one.. Am sorry for miss understanding 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm conflicted about buying anymore VLF's.  The few I have are all about the same in capability once you get to the top end ones.  As JW said it's all down to features and having the features you need.  I'm pretty satisfied where I am sitting now with VLF's.  Once you know to ignore the VDI numbers and dig every little noise you're pretty set with any of them ?  Not to mention my wife would kill me if a new detector appeared in a couriers hands at my door. I'm banned from buying detecting stuff at the moment.

I liked your videos thanks Nugget hunter.  I hope to see more in field results from you soon, I'm sure you'll do very well with it.

I like air tests in a way as if it won't see it in the air it's sure as hell not going to see it in the ground so it gives you an idea of how well it will do in optimal conditions.

I know it might be a big ask but in your little collection of gold nuggets there you have some really small ones, the one that you put on your scales that didn't register is quite a decent size chunk so I don't think your scales are very sensitive to the tiny bits.  If you could please get one of the really small ones and do a video at some point of how close to the coil you can get it I'd appreciate that. 

Something this size would be ideal

IMG_20190528_104823.jpg.a1e1dfb47e83eb00ec4bccfd410d470b.jpg

It's 0.011 grams, found with the Equinox.  That photo is zoomed right in so you can see it properly.  I just want to get an idea on the distance from the coil the 24k will pick that size up.    Thanks!

I'm struggling to find a way to give you an idea of the size, here's another photo with it next to a shotgun pellet and a $2 coin to try give perspective as my fingers probably not ideal.

IMG_20190528_110705.jpg.42cf653bf12290a4c4977ef9c9ce9ebc.jpg

I sure can I can whace up a video this morning and add it to hear... I totally get what your saying having the gm1000 and nox 2 of my favorite machines it's really like you say coming down to prefferance they are all good.. The monster is simple you know what your going to get the nox is super good at just about everything and the 24k is like a monster just with more tunability 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm conflicted about buying anymore VLF's.  The few I have are all about the same in capability once you get to the top end ones.  As JW said it's all down to features and having the features you need.  I'm pretty satisfied where I am sitting now with VLF's.  Once you know to ignore the VDI numbers and dig every little noise you're pretty set with any of them ?  Not to mention my wife would kill me if a new detector appeared in a couriers hands at my door. I'm banned from buying detecting stuff at the moment.

I liked your videos thanks Nugget hunter.  I hope to see more in field results from you soon, I'm sure you'll do very well with it.

I like air tests in a way as if it won't see it in the air it's sure as hell not going to see it in the ground so it gives you an idea of how well it will do in optimal conditions.

I know it might be a big ask but in your little collection of gold nuggets there you have some really small ones, the one that you put on your scales that didn't register is quite a decent size chunk so I don't think your scales are very sensitive to the tiny bits.  If you could please get one of the really small ones and do a video at some point of how close to the coil you can get it I'd appreciate that. 

Something this size would be ideal

IMG_20190528_104823.jpg.a1e1dfb47e83eb00ec4bccfd410d470b.jpg

It's 0.011 grams, found with the Equinox.  That photo is zoomed right in so you can see it properly.  I just want to get an idea on the distance from the coil the 24k will pick that size up.    Thanks!

I'm struggling to find a way to give you an idea of the size, here's another photo with it next to a shotgun pellet and a $2 coin to try give perspective as my fingers probably not ideal.

IMG_20190528_110705.jpg.42cf653bf12290a4c4977ef9c9ce9ebc.jpg

Here's a we video I just waked up hope gives you an idea I mean it's splitting hairs all 3 are good the monster might have edge on sand size bits but this will get them and this have a depth advantage soon as the we bits are fully detectable if that makes sense... Like kwjw said it's more access to them and if your like me a detector horder and want one to add to the pile I have  lol but I like it and will be my main vlf I think but soon as the dam weather clears I'll get our and do real world hunting tests as that will be the proof will test it in a creek I've hammered with the gm1000 my gpx4500 and nox so if it pulls anything out I missed I'll be impressed 

• Like 1