My Thoughts On The Whites 24k So Far And Opinions Against My Gm1000

On 5/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

No matter the machine, the best thing for anybody is just learn that detector and put in those hours. That and research is what gets the gold, not any one “magic machine”.

This should be pinned at the top of every sub forum here.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2019 at 7:41 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah this one there has an edge, and that one there, but the biggest difference at the end of the day is the control set and how it jives with a person. 

No matter the machine, the best thing for anybody is just learn that detector and put in those hours. That and research is what gets the gold, not any one “magic machine”

Best bit of detecting advice right there!!!!! 

Thanks to anyone who takes the plunge on new machines and writes reviews and makes video showing the sounds and feature sets.  

Truly awesome having all the options we have available and being able to choose the one that we, as Steve said , “jive with”!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Bearing in mind that the damn weather you are having at present, I was hoping to get over the West Coast this weekend for some jet boating & to catch up with a mate but the weather will decide that, will most definitely wash & deposit more gold down your creeks. So not really a fair comparison unless you take & try all detectors on signals you should get from freshly deposited gold.

The guy I got my Zed off, who lives on the West (wet):biggrin: Coast, has his favourite creek spots where gold accumulates after every fresh. I am sure some of your spots will be the same. So no surprises if you wander down them with the 24k & get gold. Unless of course you are above flood level & no chance of new deposits.

Good luck out there

JW ?  

It's not really a creek it's a old sluice fa e with exposed bedrock it does ha e somewhat of a creek after rain I guess but normally dry last time I went up there didn't get a spec... It's more I'm re overing from a broke. Foot so can't get out properly and that's handy and easy going well easyish ?.. Fully get what you mean tho and that is on the cards just go t have the monster of nox heteareat myfriends in Christchurch and his wife is due for a baby so he can't come over for few weeks.. Will still be good to see how it does it deffanitly has a depth advantage not by much tho. Will update my findings as I go 

The weather has been horrid here lost windows from hale lightning.. Good jet boats tho just don't fall out there was one fatality here last week from jet boat crash be safe 

2 hours ago, geof_junk said:

The biggest improvement in detecting is the operator skills not the tools.

Yip exactly I've been detecting a lo g long time now there is a cross over tho I will say that you can have all the knowledge in the world and be the best detecter you can but if your using a machine that's  out performed by something else you are limited to that Machine my main machine is gpx I just like tinkering I have the gm1000 and nox a well and now 24k I've found a lot of gold with the others so just wanting to put it threw its paces I guess

• Like 1