Equinox On Bedrock Gold?

Hi friends! So I’ve had my equinox 800 for about a year now but have yet to try prospecting with it. I live in Maine and find some pickers while dredging but wondering if the equinox would pick up gold hidden in bedrock cracks and crevices?

• Like 1

The Equinox competes and runs well against the best VLF nugget detectors made. It is more complex to master than most however from being functionally different than what people familiar with the old units expect. More for people who love complexity (options) than simplicity (less options).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use a rock hammer and chisels all the time when I detect the bedrock on Libby Creek in Montana. There is lots of bedrock and no detector pick is going to get through it. Some nuggets I find in this bedrock have to be retrieved with a hammer and chisel. Some even take 45 minutes to an hour to break enough rock away to get the nugget out. These items always will be in my pack when I am detecting around bedrock. It is frustrating to have to walk away from a target you are certain is a nugget.

20190106_105600.jpg

20190106_110636.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The Equinox is competes and runs well against the best VLF nugget detectors made. It is more complex to master than most however from being functionally different than what people familiar with the old units expect. More for people who love complexity (options) than simplicity (less options).

Thanks Steve! An inspiration as usual!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I use a rock hammer and chisels all the time when I detect the bedrock on Libby Creek in Montana. There is lots of bedrock and no detector pick is going to get through it. Some nuggets I find in this bedrock have to be retrieved with a hammer and chisel. Some even take 45 minutes to an hour to break enough rock away to get the nugget out. These items always will be in my pack when I am detecting around bedrock. It is frustrating to have to walk away from a target you are certain is a nugget.

20190106_105600.jpg

20190106_110636.jpg

What’s the torch for?

The torch is for Hydro-shocking quartz gold specimens or to get nuggets out of Prichard mud stone, that are completely trapped inside. It usually stays back at camp.

• Like 3

It's been my experience that any detector with the appropriate gold circuitry will find gold in the bedrock and the cracks if the conditions aren't too hot for it to handle the mineralization, and from what I've been told, the Nox is wired and programmed to get the job done.

Seeing the gold in the bedrock or seeing it in the dirt is what great nugget machines do. The higher-end ones will punch deeper into severe mineralization (rock or soil), and that's why they demand the big bucks, but for shallower gold, where the conditions aren't crazy insane, you should be OK.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2019 at 2:46 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

20190106_110636.jpg

What is that rake like tool but without any tines?  I’ve never seen one like that. It looks like it would be great for moving dirt on tailings piles.

Its a concrete rake, and yes it is good for that. Thats why I encluded it inmy tools for detecting.

• Like 1