A Quick Look At The Nokta / Makro Pulse Dive

A Quick Look at The Nokta / Makro Pulse Dive

I was fortunate enough to field test a prototype of this amazing device and was immediately impressed by the Pulse Dive’s rugged, professional feel.  The solid “heft” of the device made all other pinpointers I’ve tried feel like flimsy toys.  It’s also a great, practical concept—a waterproof diving detector with a deep 5.5” (14 cm.) coil for that converts in a second to a regular pinpointer.  The Pulse Dive features 5 levels of Sensitivity adjustment, selectable vibration, light and tone alert and can be paired with your headphones via a built-in wireless module.   The production model features yellow detail for easy visibility underwater and comes in a sturdy case.  The Pulse Dive kit includes covers for both coils, holster, lanyard, spare gaskets, charge cord and manual.  There's also a second, louder endcap for land use.  This is an extremely well-thought-out device—great not only as a deep, full featured standard pinpointer  but also for quick area searches of  dwellings, stone walls, enclosed spaces--and even as a security wand.   My tests showed the Pulse Dive to have great sensitivity to small gold—even chains.  It also had nice depth for coin hunting on land.  Picture shows a ’32 cent and '38 nickel—my first two finds pinpointed with the Pulse Dive.   A great addition to any serious inland or shoreline treasure hunter’s kit. 

cjc

IMG_3084X.jpg

DSCF0982.JPG

• Like 4

I would say in air small tip 4 -5 " large tip 6"+ but one thing that Bill Lahr tells me all the time is that a pulse will go deeper in ground--especially salt. Seems pretty powrfull compared to some of the other PP'ers I've tried especially with the dive coil.  Seems to reach out pretty well on larger targets too.  Really like the sound and in-ground performance. 

cjc  

• Like 1

That’s really good actually. I think I will have to have one. I have detected some surf locations where using a scoop and detector was not good yet on my belly with a full size detector got pretty awkward also. Waters edge surf with shallow hard pan type conditions with small deep pockets and crevices. I have found jewelry just hand waving the sand out of the pockets to expose a ring. Be great for those oddball uses and sounds like a great pinpointer in general.

Somebody could make a snap on handle for this thing. Along with the wireless headphone option you would have a detector with a 5” coil. Yup, going to have to do it!

Thanks again for the report Clive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ya, I really like this product too.  These kinds of situations where a perfect signal is wedged in coral or hardpan need this device.   The more I test it the more I see it going deeper in ground.  That down on the belly work is super tough--especially in current. Guy who saw this post on my FB showed me a PP'er with the same extension--he feels for the vibration up the handle.  

cjc

• 4 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s really good actually. I think I will have to have one. I have detected some surf locations where using a scoop and detector was not good yet on my belly with a full size detector got pretty awkward also. Waters edge surf with shallow hard pan type conditions with small deep pockets and crevices. I have found jewelry just hand waving the sand out of the pockets to expose a ring. Be great for those oddball uses and sounds like a great pinpointer in general.

Somebody could make a snap on handle for this thing. Along with the wireless headphone option you would have a detector with a 5” coil. Yup, going to have to do it!

Thanks again for the report Clive!

Hey Steve,

Just wondering if you got you hands on one of these yet and if so, what your general impression is? I'm considering picking one up out here for on Oahu for similar conditions. Also i'm curious if the the pin pointer tip would work out for normal beach/park hunting paired with my Nox. If so i think this little thing packs a lot of bang for the buck. It's actually hard to find reliable reviews for it online and on youtube. Most of the people posting vids are either working for Nokta Makro or speaking a foreign language. It seems like it's pretty durable, but still haven't been able to find anyone using it in a park of field. 

Best

No, I already have two pinpointers and have not been doing any water detecting so I never got one.

Amazon reviews have been lackluster, some complaining about lack of tiny item sensitivity. That can be good or bad. If you are looking for tiny stuff not good. If the focus is coins and rings it could be a plus. Some of the complaints about tiny item sensitivity seemed to be unrealistic expectations for a pulse device made to work in saltwater.

If I ever head to Hawaii again I will spring for one but otherwise just don’t have enough need for another pinpointer given what I already have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never realized it was a pp as well as small detector. That is cool! If I do more salt in the future I might get one for that and leave my reg pp home as I find the reg pp kind of useless once I hit the wet sand.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If I ever head to Hawaii again I will spring for one but otherwise just don’t have enough need for another pinpointer given what I already have.

Yeah, i tend to think of it as a water toy that doubles as a pinpointer. Ill probably give it a go just because it makes so much sense for me, and im in the market for a new waterproof pin pointer anyways. Plus, it's not always practical to bring my nox with me, where i can just throw this in a backpack or stick it with my snorkel gear. Pretty discreet too as the beaches here can get overrun with tourists.

Anyways sounds fun so I'm excited. We'll see how it goes. And should you ever find yourself back out here, the coffee is on me!

Cheers

• Like 1