davsgold

The Start Of 2019 In Western Australia

Great teamwork!

• Like 1

What's that ugly looking blue thing that looks like a swimming pool cleaner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I Like It,congrats on a great start 

• Like 1

I’d call that a heck of a good start of your season! Nice job!

• Like 1

The drone shot makes it look quite idylic. Continued good hunting.

• Like 2

Great drone shot! Best wishes for piles of gold for all.

• Like 1

That's pretty awesome, makes me want to go there for a holiday! I'm going to have to do it one day.  Incredible amount of gold.  At least you don't have to worry posting a scenery shot people working out where you are, it all looks the same as far as the eye can see. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

What's that ugly looking blue thing that looks like a swimming pool cleaner?

That would be the Minelab SDC2300 " blue vacuum ", a machine that works really well in WA, unlike another, that shall remain nameless. 

Well done on the gold Dave, looking forward to testing my new GPZ17 this week, if the rain will go away !

All the best for the rest of your trip, wish I was over there too !

Cheers, Rick

• Like 2

Why does it work really well in WA? Are the swimming pools different over there?

• Haha 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Condor
      Week 3 started off a little slow.  It rained for 2 days, then a day of sun, then a 3rd day of rain.  You just can't drive the Aussie tracks when they're wet.  The camp held up well in the rain, no significant leaks.  Fortunately, I brought audio books and a Kindle so we kept entertained.  
      All the clouds put our power grid to the test.  We had to use Paul's generator a couple times to top off the battery.  I'm including a photo of our power grid, looks like a soup sandwich. We're running about 200 watts of flexible solar panels into a 100amp hr Li-Ion battery.  With full sun running only the outback refrigerator, our battery stays fully charged.  At night with charging our equipment we drop about 1/4 of battery capacity.   We should have thought more about charging compatibility, as it stands we need 110AC for the laptop and 2way radios, cigarette lighter plugs for lights and USB for phones and GPS.  What a mess trying to keep it all functioning.  I had to rewire our cigarette lighter outlet bank, the wires fried somewhere along the line.  I'm ordering a backup tonight.  
      We took the time to go into town and do laundry and take hot showers at the Caravan Park.  I ran my clothes through twice, I think the Aussie red dirt may be permanent on some of my stuff.  
      We've been out doing real prospecting looking for new patches along the "line of strike".  We've been off the beaten path and as a precaution punch in the GPS coordinates of the truck.  Like Daniel Boone, I've never been lost, though a might bewildered a few times.  Just when I think I'm in unexplored territory, I find and old timer's campsite or dry-blower tailngs where he sampled the same zone.  Our only luck has been a few crumbs off old dry-blower zones.  Modern mechanized prospectors have often run a dozer over the old timer's tailings and scraped things to bedrock.  If there is some of original caprock left, we have a better chance of finding something.  
      Paul has been off on a frolic of his own.  We don't expect to see him for another week, in the meantime Trent sold the caravan Paul was using.  Paul is homeless, I hope he doesn't repo his pop-up trailer that we're using.  Trent is thinking about moving our half of Camp Yank about 60k to the south to detect a new area said to have good gold.  It will be a challenge dividing up the campsite necessities and we'll miss nightly entertainment of Paul's crazy stories.  
      Sunset from Downunder.  That's all for now.

• Guest AussieDigs
      By Guest AussieDigs
      Hi Guys n Gals.
      I’ve never ran a detector but very much looking forward to it. I live in the Nth East of Victoria Australia with access to what was some of the richest gold fields. I have no idea as to what the ground is like but it would be a fair guess that it would be at least reasonably mineralised.
      I know i will be a beginner but i dont want to spend my limited budget on a beginners detector. I’m willing to do the hard yards with the likes of an intermediate detector. The areas that i would be concentrating on is Beechworth and the Buckland Valley etc, so the ground will have plenty of iron and the likes and mineralised. I will be working mostly around the mines on hillsides etc. 
      I noticed a used Nokta Fors Core for sale so did a little research. Nice detector. VLF struggling in the mineralised ground or does the Nokta fair not too badly? A good used GP3000 is going to be twice the price and above my budget but i could work on that. Lack of descrimination would probably be an issue at these workings? Whites SPP? I’m finding it hard to get too much info on these but from what i have read they seem like a good detector.
      Because of the likes of the trash and mineralised ground, i’m finding it difficult to choose between the VLF and a PI. I could start with the likes of the Nokta and purchase the likes of the GP or SPP further down the road.
      Does the SPP come under another name or as an updated model?
      Thanks all.
      Al.
    • By mn90403
      It seems that Yalgoo Shire wants prospectors so they have some land to let you detect on.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-01/gold-prospecting-lease-for-novice-fossickers-pegged-by-council/11370030
    • By phrunt
      I've been wanting to film a video of myself finding a nugget with my QED but things have been a bit dry on the nugget front lately for me, I managed to scrape out one a couple of days ago using my GPX but that's it for a week or so now.
      This guy was doing a video on showing various mode and threshold settings with an in ground untouched target when his cameraman proceeded to tell him to dig up on camera after saying he's sure it's a nugget.  He seemed a little hesitant but went for it, and sure enough, a nice nugget.
      I thought some might like to see the video to get a bit of an idea of a QED in action and how it sounds.

• By davsgold
      A couple of pictures from the drone (Mavic Air) just out of town, Leinster Western Australia, Veronica has only just got the drone and still a big learning curve, but it's fun.
      cheers dave

• By Swifty
      My how things have changed ?
      https://streaming.britishpathe.com/hls-vod/MEDIA-4/archive/BCM6/2014-07-07T112551Z_1_LVA7938RY0N5P64BJN28M3DG6MCB_RTRWNEV_F_AUSTRALIA-PROSPECTORS-USE-ELECTRONIC-DETECTORS-TO-FIND-GOLD.MP4.m3u8?fbclid=IwAR1cKC1x1tqxLKOe1gl1PlYIcvLlTMUjJNC9WIvw9p3w1DHcCBnwymeffU4