Silver Chain With Crucifix

Finally had some time to get out. I hit a local football field for two days, about 2 hours each day. I was using the stock coil on the Equinox 800. It was in Park 1, 7 recovery, 50 tone, and ground balanced. The chain, found on day 2,  rang up a solid 17, much like many of the aluminum bits on the field. The clasp is iron, but the rest is .925. At first I thought it was junk because of some rusty looking areas on the chain, but when it was cleaned off at home, a smile came to my face. The first day I dug a hole with a solid 11. Out popped a junk earring. There was something else in the hole according to the pinpointer, so I kept at it. The second target was another earring with what appeared to be silver and maybe diamonds. I tested it at home, and my tester said they were diamonds. However, my local jeweler gave me the bad news that they were not. It was a silver earring though. 

IMG_20190527_113019.jpg

IMG_20190527_113001.jpg

IMG_20190527_112928.jpg

IMG_20190527_112857.jpg

IMG_20190527_143122.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

The chain, found on day 2,  rang up a solid 17, much like many of the aluminum bits on the field.

Congrats on digging an Equinox TID = 17 target.  In a modern setting I'd bet dollars to donuts (ha, ha -- a donut costs almost a dollar today, unlike when this phrase was coined) that you were digging can slaw.  I wonder if the tone quality tipped you off.  At any rate, IMO it's a small 'price' to pay digging a relatively shallow target (expending about 60 seconds) on the chance that it's a keeper.  Sterling is always a worthwhile find in my book, and at that weight you've got $15+ of silver.  Thanks for posting.

• 3 weeks later...