GPZ With Russian 17 Inch X Coil : First Report

Two X coils I have, are as smooth as the ML 19 , handle normal in my ground where I nearly always run the ML14 in difficult. As I have stated from the beginning of the X noise debate, the ferrite had totally no effect on my ground, served no purpose.

I have humorously  renamed this X noise the Y noise. Y a detector dealer is publically telling very experienced operators they are deliberately ignoring an issue that can be simply shown as the formula X - Y + Z  = GOLD

22 minutes ago, jasong said:

I decided to order a 12 and 17 so I can test them for myself compared to the stock coil since few seem interested in doing so in a way that provides the sort of data I want to see personally. I am curious what I will receive, dont want a heavier one if i dont need it... I'm potentially cutting 2+ years out of my warranty (my 2nd gpz) so I want it to be worth it since I cant uncut the wire.

Jasong, that is the way to go, you will reap the rewards, I look forward to your review. You too will be an early bird like JW has shown he is in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found another nice bit in one of my flogged spots today, beside a little patch in State forest. Went 3.6 grams. Also got an 0.2 gram crumb. 
Rough reef gold, as were all the bits from here. 

Only out for a couple of hours today, going to put a full day in tomorrow ! 

How well do these new Russian coils go ! Still had none of the problems that JP was talking about, and it balanced fine over the ferrite ! Ground here is bloody noisy in patches, but was still able to run Normal HY over most of it, which I could NEVER do with the GPZ14 or GPZ19. 

Rick 

IMG_0727.JPG

• Like 8

I hear you AG and agree the X coils have added to the Zs magic. I believe it is the X coils ability to handle the ground smoothly  set in normal rather then difficult that has made the difference. Heh whatever it works, gets the gold. I`m off again tomorrow  a days patch hunting is the go, found a smooth scrap at base of a slope other day, now find the source, or pull my hair out "another one piece patch" nah can`t be.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, araratgold said:

Found another nice bit in one of my flogged spots today, beside a little patch in State forest. Went 3.6 grams. Also got an 0.2 gram crumb. 
Rough reef gold, as were all the bits from here. 

Only out for a couple of hours today, going to put a full day in tomorrow ! 

How well do these new Russian coils go ! Still had none of the problems that JP was talking about, and it balanced fine over the ferrite ! Ground here is bloody noisy in patches, but was still able to run Normal HY over most of it, which I could NEVER do with the GPZ14 or GPZ19. 

"Proof of the pudding" Rick. Nice lil' colour too. ?

51 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I believe it is the X coils ability to handle the ground smoothly  set in normal rather then difficult that has made the difference. Heh whatever, it works, gets the gold.

In the final analysis, that's all that matters - - 

PS: Hate those one colour patches!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 4:59 AM, kiwijw said:

Yes....it is gold in the bottle that matters. Especially when the ML 14" stops doing it. Who cares what coil as long as the yellow material keeps dribbling in off old flogged grounds & new patches discovered. Keep it up boys ?

Good luck out there

JW ? 

Sounds like a winning philosophy to me.

All the best,

Lanny