Need A New Pick

Any suggestions on a good pick? My last one snapped the blade in half when digging in hard ground. (It was previously broken and welded so didn't expect it to last forever - got it for free from the next door neighbor) I got suckered into buying a medium sized pick 4 years ago, with the salesman saying the larger ones were for people that felt inadequate in certain areas.:ohmy:

But I think a bigger pick would be better for digging bigger holes. What do the Aussie guys here use?

I still have the medium sized pick but the tip seems to be too rounded and doesn't cut into the ground as well as my broken one that had a sharp pointy end did.

I plan on digging plenty of 3 foot plus holes shortly, it would be great if the handle of the pick could incorporate a mini crowbar head on the end. (never seen that anywhere, just saying it would be good.) Once you get down a bit it gets tough swinging in a confined space. Cant be carrying a crowbar a mile from the car.

Gidday Jin,

I've been using picks made by " bluejeansronald " for a long time, they are great.

Contact him through Prospecting Australia Forum, he also has them on eBay from time to time.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15914&p=1

Pictures of them by Mbasko down the first page a bit.

Cheers, Rick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davsgold said:

Hey Jin, I am happy to help you with a pick, u have my email address if you want more info.

cheers dave

Thanks Dave, If you could send me some info/price/sizes that would be good.

Thanks Aussie but ill be getting one off Dave when I get back from overseas. The Muk picks are cheap but I know what I'm after and Daves picks would suit me better. 

• Like 1