Very nice find, congrats sir!

It's very sensitive for such a big coil too and I do love the ground coverage.

• Like 2

Well done! Thats a nice chunky chain.

Impressive for sure! Congrats!

Very nice chain, congrats! I’ve yet to use my 15” coil. I really need to.

6 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Very nice chain, congrats! I’ve yet to use my 15” coil. I really need to.

yes, yes you do! ?

• Like 1

Very nice find.  The big coil is sneakier than it looks.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mark Gillespie
      Well, I can say, I almost gave up on this 14k gold earring and sterling piece.  The detector (Equinox 800, park 2) kept telling me it was there but my pinpointer was not so sure until it actually touch it.  The color of the ground and the fact I didn't have my glasses on proved to be a difficult task in locating these two precious items.  Just remember if the detectors says there is something there don't give up until you know what it is.  The second photo was a blast in recovering all those sterling pieces.  And then the old button, very ornate.

• By strick
      Im still a newbie to this hobby but  I try to take in as much knowledge as as I can from all of the more experienced prospectors on this board. I've learned a lot in the last 3 years from some of you fellas and to that I am greatful. That being said I stumbeled or should I say my wife stumbled upon a new method of unearthing gold the other day. She was taking a lunch time walk around the lake where she works and noticed a duck pecking at something shiny near the waters edge. The curious bird eventually tired of playing with or trying to eat the shiny object so Lisa went down to investigate  and found a nice gold chain and pendant. It tests 10k with acid. Included is a photo of the pendant and a short video that demonstrates what one might "look for"  when employing this new technique of finding gold. I realize that the video is of geese but the same method applies to ducks. Some of the members of this board are snowed in right now and I hope you find this post useful. You might want to turn some music on when watching the video.....

strick 

• By RobNC
      It was a lucky day today. I've been in a silver lust mode and wanted a ring of some sort. Well today both things seemed to crash into one another. Took the ORX out and went over a place I've been to before. This place has produced some whet pennies and clad stuff but I never expected to find this little kid's ring. It was down just a few inches and rang up 90-91 on my XP ORX.  Really thought it was a dime. Inside there is a 925 marking. It's sterling silver! Brought it home applied the baking soda with a drop of water to shine her up a little. Can't figure out if a kid used this on their finger or as a toe ring. It's very small. For all of you that wonder.. YES the XP ORX will hit the goodies!

• By cjc
      Got this running the "Undertune" program---9 GB, Sens 19 seems to make things more orderly.  2 Tone, Non Ferrous Pitch 25, really makes the gold jump out.  Jury still out on the upgrade--I run it fast 5 or 6 especially if you want to traverse parallel to shore with fast water. It's 18k 34.9 gr. 
      cjc

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all i had another go at the beaches this week end (for me😃)i woke up super early monday (4am) and hit the beach from 4.30 till 8 was able to run the machine hot with a SAT half way the rest on full steam managed only those fragments(see pictures) but so far i am happy with my swing arm and my home made bungee.
      In the afternoon went to another beach with the CTX and managed to find a sweet spot in less than an hour but the Darkness and Madame waiting in the car made me abort the session i fully pumped ,so result 2 rings seemly old pink gold and silver i guess i also found a fishing weight 10 cm from the silver ring so was super hopeful for the next day
      Next day i brought the G5c but the weather was terrible i was fully gear but the running water under the coil made detecting very difficult even with the SAT lowered..........tide was going to be low late and the "sweet spot " is surrounded by mudflats......and i was sinking fast with all my gear so .......i aborted after 1 hour with only a copper bit

Here are the pics enjoy!!

RR

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I'll let the nice email they sent me say it:
      "My wife and 2 daughters thought it would be nice to escape Los Angeles for a fall weekend vacation to Boise. During our visit we were playing in some leaves at a park when my wife noticed that she was missing her deceased mother's class ring which she holds very dear to her. While she hopelessly sifted through a sea of leaves, I immediately got online to see what my options were to get help on locating her ring knowing how much it meant to my wife. Gerry was very responsive to my call and email on a Saturday evening and did a fantastic job of explaining the process of recovery the ring. We agreed to meet at the park on Sunday morning with tempered hopes of locating the ring. Gerry was very friendly with myself, my wife and daughters while he searched for the ring with his metal detector. Within 20-30 minutes of searching in a leaves, he was able to locate the ring. My wife was ecstatic!! I can't thank and recommend Gerry enough considering he turned a stressful family event into a pleasant experience and demonstrated care, professionalism, urgency and integrity throughout the entire process."

Thanks Again, Neil