Question Importing Gold?

ART,

I would not go to Africa for many reasons...have fun.

If I could go to Oz again, I would...and again and again. I love snakes, spiders, scorpions and all the other critters in OZ. Except those bush roaches!!!

fred

• Like 2

I’d never venture wandering downtown LA without backup, same with the outback I’m thinking if I do go with the right group it’d be a party.

• Like 1

Australia would be the first on my list but I don’t think it’ll be my choice Africa’s not high on my list, but this situation might be unique depending on who the operation is run by, my friend couldn’t remember their company name, only the hotel they own in town so I think It’s a fairly big operation I just don’t know how open the access or if I could hunt for myself of if I could keep what I find. I told my wife if I couldn’t nugget hunt in Zambia she could go on her own but we’ll see.

4 hours ago, 1515Art said:

My friend is asking what the restrictions are bringing gold nuggets into the United States from a foreign country? She also wants to know what the taxes might be or if there is a broker fee or any special license? I have no idea and only wish it was something I knew from experience but my nuggets wouldn’t draw much notice, however looking online I don’t see anything that would be an issue other than possibly normal currency limits and taxes although I’ve no idea how an exact value would be placed on something like natural unrefined gold, or are nuggets treated similar to loose and/or unpolished gem stones?

Sending nuggets in the mail here is fine I send loads.  They are not counted as gold until refined, until refined they are classified as mineral samples.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fredmason said:

even the grumpy Australians are fun...after a brew or two!

fred

I'm only grumpy before that first coffee Fred. Ask Mitchel.

• Like 2