New Detecting Location. Bit Remote Though - - -

pia23239.jpg

NASA’s Mars 2020 will land in Jezero Crater, pictured here. The image was taken by instruments on NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, which regularly takes images of potential landing sites for future missions.

On ancient Mars, water carved channels and transported sediments to form fans and deltas within lake basins. Examination of spectral data acquired from orbit show that some of these sediments have minerals that indicate chemical alteration by water. The sediments contain clays and carbonates (courtesyNASA/JPL-Caltech/ASU/WUWT)

Can't wait to wave a coil over those outwash gravel deposits. 

At least there's no BB's and rusty nails, could be a few metallic meteorites though - - -

Luckily, I've got an old hot air balloon under the house somewhere - and warm winter woolies, so I'll see all you good people later. Wish me luck - - -

I offered to take Reg along on the expedition - but he declined the invitation - can't for the life of me understand why? Not like him at all  ;<)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

I applied for my Martian Minerals Mining permit and payed all my mining fees 17 years ago and haven't heard a word from them since. I thought that the U.S.A. bureaucracy was bad but it's nothing compared to the Martians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I think it might have something to do with that case a few years back in the Superior Court in Sanaa in Yemen.

Two Yemeni brothers brought suit against NASA seeking to enjoin them from releasing technical data from the Mars Lander program. Their claim to the data was based on their ownership of the planet Mars.  In court they produced a 600 - 700 year old deed to the planet and evidence supporting their status as the rightful heirs.

It may be, of course, that this has nothing to do with your issue with your permit - after all, the suit was dismissed!

Wallahi Inshallah! (“I swear that this is a true story - god willing” -  these words are usually added at the end of a yarn by any pious speaker of Arabic, whether they are Muslim, Christian or Druze).

If you ask how I know this stuff - check my profile pic - bad day in big sand - Empty Quarter - Saudi Arabia - a long time ago - it was a new ‘92 Suburban 3/4 ton capacity 4X4 with the 454 Cubic Inch “Big Block” engine.  

Funny about that - the 1/2 ton Suburbans and Pickups had a logo on the trim low one the side which read - “1500”, the 3/4’s had “2500”.  Well, things are often different - one side of the Atlantic to the other, and we had a lot of Brits on the contract.  One of them came up to me one day and asked (innocently) - “do you find that 2.5 liters is enough displacement for that size vehicle?”  I smiled sweetly - “no, that would never do, of course - happily it has an iron block V-8 - 454 cubic inches - 7.4 liters displacement”.  

It was magnificent - as our pal, the Italian Cultural Attaché, Alessandro D’Maigret remarked when he first saw it “ Che Bella machina”

’Wallahi Inshallah”

• Like 3