I'm Planning My First Hunt Site Location In Arizona

Hello everyone. I'm new here and have been studying about this new hobby for a month or so. Yesterday i ordered/received my first ever detector the Equinox 800 and added the 6 in. coil. (i'm targeting Gold)

I've lived in AZ all my life and currently live in Queen Creek. I'm looking to make my first hunt near Hayden, AZ, 75 miles SE of my home location.

I also joined a prospecting club, The Roadrunner's Prospector's Club. My first hunt site will be on a RRPC claim.

RRPC has 31 claims in this area. Below is a aerial view of what their claim areas look like. I'm hoping to head out there in a few weeks, It's going to be HOT!

Cap1.thumb.JPG.76f9461a2d69f819834fdd8fb4379be9.JPG

• Like 4

I think you made a very smart choice in joining a local prospecting club, they can be a lot of help.  

Good luck out there and be sure to let us know how you do!

Thanks beatup

I used landmatters to get some interesting information. I took two screenshots. The purple box is claims from my club. The picture in my initial post was taken from here

From what i'm seeing it looks like i might be in good shape for my first hunt

hunt1.thumb.JPG.fe026a807fa99094f6331561c99aca4e.JPG

hunt2.thumb.JPG.b38fc5670d72dbc03bf6b14f9ced8402.JPG

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, garikfox said:

Hello everyone. I'm new here and have been studying about this new hobby for a month or so. Yesterday i ordered/received my first ever detector the Equinox 800 and added the 6 in. coil. (i'm targeting Gold)

I've lived in AZ all my life and currently live in Queen Creek. I'm looking to make my first hunt near Hayden, AZ, 75 miles SE of my home location.

I also joined a prospecting club, The Roadrunner's Prospector's Club. My first hunt site will be on a RRPC claim.

RRPC has 31 claims in this area. Below is a aerial view of what their claim areas look like. I'm hoping to head out there in a few weeks, It's going to be HOT!

RRPC is pretty good to start out with.  But you are going to have to work your butt off, as hundreds have likely been there looking already. Plan on checking every bush a little harder and digging off a little more overburden in the high probability spots.  If you can, find open claims around there that look good (same geology ... etc.), that would be my focus.

But to be honest with you, I wouldn't be out there in 95+ degree heat.  Your mental fortitude will curb quickly and you won't tend to be as thorough.  And at your stage of the game, this is really what you are working on ... a good repeatable technique.  If I were you, I would spend more time researching over the summer.    My .02. 

Either way, I wish you luck. 

• Like 2

Thanks Andyy, I was planning on going in the night time, maybe i should wait it out.

I have a question, I got a minelab pro-find 15. Should i return it ? I haven't seen anyone else use these for some reason.

If you have proved your ability to find gold and have had boots on the ground in that rough area, night hunting is great.   If not.. I would spend your time researching.

I cannot comment on your machine.  I have used 705, Gpx5000, Gpz 7000, and GM1000.  I didn't like the 705 but others do.  My preference is a gold only machine.  And each machine has its advantages and disadvantages based on each particular area.  

Also knowing what size gold you are looking for will determine what machine type you should use.

What Phrunt said. Pinpointer can help quickly isolate trash, but not much help for gold. I only carry one in high trash areas and not always then. But the RRCC claims and most everywhere in AZ is trashy. With the NOX you can pinpoint pretty well. Personally would keep it if you can afford to but it's something one can live without.

Arky