Equinox 800 Vs Etrac

It depends on your primary uses. What are you using the detector for? For me an E-Trac would be a downgrade, for others an upgrade. In general if you seek high conductors the E-Trac leans that way, for low conductors the Equinox has the edge. If the compressed target id scale on the Equinox bothers you the E-Trac has a more refined target id system.

• Like 2

As an old coin hunter, I prefer the Equinox.. I was running an E-Trac at the time I purchased my Equinox and a CTX before that.  I never did run my E-Trac again after my 800 arrived and I finally sold It.

The Equinox is faster and deeper on all conductors in my soil and it’s light weight and wireless capabilities just make it a no-brainer for me.

The Equinox is sparky so if you like a more refined, smooth hunt you may prefer an E-Trac or CTX.

Bryan

• Like 3

Bogie, I've put thousands of hours on an E-Trac and done very well.  I can say the same with a CTX 3030 as well.  I have hundreds of hours on an Equinox only because it has not been out that long.

I feel in most of my hunts, the NOX will find a variety of targets better than the E-Trac.

Nox is lighter and faster recovery in trash.

Nox is 100% WP and much better at gold nugget hunting and or meteorites.

E-Trac hits deeper silver and large cents better in my soils, as Steve mentioned.

E-Trac has a better variety of coils as options.

E-Trac has more accurate ID for those who like looking at the screen.  I very seldom pay attention to screen ID...use your ears.

E-Trac long tones is much easier for the ear to hear vs the NOX quick chirps..as Bryan mentioned.

I sold my CTX 3030, but still own my E-Trac.  Part of the reason for owning the E-Trac is I have it set up with a 15" WOT and X-1 probe.

If I could only get one of the 2 machines and I was only after Coins/Relics...I'd probably get the NOX, especially if I was hunting old trashy sites with a lot of iron nails.

If you can afford both, then go for it.  Each detector is a tool and there are Pros/Cons to both.  

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Thanks Jerry sounds like a good  idea  To have both they both bring something different to the table  

Thanks 

And I happen to sell them both too. I even have a Dealer Demo E-Trac with warranty too.  But if you have a favorite a local dealer who is knowledgeable and helps answer your detector needs, then I don't want to take a sale away from him either.

• Like 1