Sometimes You Just Have To Jump In With Both Feet! New Transporter For My Nox's!

SittingElf

I got tired of having to load up the car to travel to distant hunts...staying in hotels, and eating in restaurants. Pain in the butt!

So, I had to see if my young son would take to a "camping" lifestyle and not just complain about not having wi-fi for his games, I took him to an club sponsored MD Treasure Hunt near Tulsa in a rented Class C Motor Home.  It was pretty beat up, but everything sort of worked, so we'll see.

He absolutely ate it up!  Loved the camping aspect and the Kids Hunt and was disappointed after two days to have to go home. (I cleaned UP on Silver halves and quarters on MY hunts!!)

So after getting back to Tinker AFB, I had a long talk with my wife, and we made a decision. We need better family vacations and getaways whenever she can get away on leave from her Command position in the Air Force... along with prospecting and metal detecting, so we made a decision and started a different kind of hunt.  We were successful!

Our new transport for all things fun is an absolutely MINT condition 2013 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS Class C Motor Home with an auto tow dolly. The wife is already in the books and on Google deciding where and when we start having trips!  This beauty only has 23,000 miles and the previous owner was a retired Master Sergeant from the Air Force who was a vehicle and aircraft mechanic. Those skills showed in how well this rig was kept up! It looks literally showroom new inside and out.  

I'll be doing videos and updates on our adventures, and will post the MD related jaunts here as well.  Woohoo!  Lovin this rig and the adventures to come!

MH1.JPG

MH2.JPG

MH3.JPG

MH4.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Wow, that's a whopper, so can you tow your car along behind it?

That's what the dolly is for. Best for front-wheel-drive cars.  We'll tow our car when we go on extended trips so we have an easy way to set up camp with our Motor Home, but be able to jump in the car and go to the store, or do other things without having to break camp and button up the Motor Home each time.  Best thing is that by towing with only the rear wheels on the road, the odometer does not increase!