yup that was part of a prospectors hard rock kit. used for crushing ore samples.  Very cool find for sure

Wow, not seen one of them before. Sort of a updated dolly pot very neat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By jasong
      Are there any such labs that cater to smaller companies and prospectors? The bigger labs all seem swamped, I can barely get them to respond to small fry like me. I'd like to get results in 2-3 weeks if possible, but still be affordable.
      Need both fire assay and ICP-AES or similar spectrometry for other elements. Not XRF.
    • By EZMoney Bob
      Now ,that we have one of the world's premier make-it-yourself mining equipment fabricators onboard in the person of AZViper, what say any interested parties collaborate on a DIY Jaw Crusher? Just checking to see if there's any interest. I got started but didn't get very far. Biggest obstacle I've run into is finding suitable flywheels. I think they're necessary to maintain enough momentum to keep the crusher going smoothly.
      The jaw crushers I've seen sort of chug along but I've also heard of some high speed jaw crusher designs that reportedly work very efficiently. Might be something to investigate.
      What do you think?
      - Bob
    • By madtuna
      Hi Folks,
      this is probably more aimed at the Aussies here on the forum Just wondering if anyone is using or has an experience with the Armstrong industries (perth WA) GRB 777 Mini impact crusher?
      If so, how'd you rate it?
      Link : http://www.armstrongindustries.com.au/grb-777-mini
      Cheers,
      Steve
    • By Sourdough Scott
      Purchased a small hand rock crusher. Going to crush samples as I find them when detecting and prospecting.  I don't know a whole lot about hardrock and pocket gold. So any tips or suggested reading is helpful. Thanks.

• By osbod007
      I may be missing something here but I'm inquiring to see if someone might clear up my question?  I believe mining reports of gold recovered are quoted in ounces per ton processed. My question is 'what is the physical dimension of a ton'?  I've done some research and came up with the general consensus that one cubic (3'X3'X3') yard of dry dirt is approximately  2000 lbs. However one cubic yard of dry sand is quoted as approximately 2800 lbs. and a cubic yard of mixed gravel is quoted as approximately 2600 lbs.  Do these figures seem correct?  I would think quoting ounces per cubic yard more meaningful.   If drywashing I guess the weight for dry dirt would be close enough to figure the approximate recovery rate per yard?
    • By Steve D
      Hello all!  I am looking for a recommendation for a fair, honest assay place, preferably in the Reno/Sparks area.  I found some ore pieces that I have crushed and extracted about 70 grams of electrum, with an unknown silver content.  I attached a picture for reference and I figure someone out there likes looking at the gold pictures as much as I do!