nugget hunter nz

Wholey Sh.t What A Nugget I Got Today With The 24k

4 hours ago, nugget hunter nz said:

Yea I am taking the gpx4500 in next time with the nf 12 round but shame be nice to win something 

Win something?  haha  You have the nugget of the decade plus in NZ.  You don't need anything else!

What I would do would be let your dealer know and also let White's know.  (I think they already know.) and I bet if they used your find in their advertising they would give you some freebies.   If you had an aftermarket coil they will give you credit or another coil sometimes also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Finding gold is easy if you are first on the spot, but finding the spot is hard and you spend a lot of time getting nothing. A great find, you will have to set your target high to beat it.  ?

Quit now! (After you check out that area.) From now on it is just hard work.  haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congratulations on finding such a beautiful nugget ! I bet it didn't fall far from the tree, you must be close to the source.

• Like 1

Why give any company credit seriously....IMHO..You found it...you get the credit...and most of all...keep the spot SECRET. If it were a nice rainbow trout...bass or blue fin....it would be a different story.

• Like 2

Congratulations on a ripper find!! Awesome nugget, just reward for thinking outside the square and looking further afield. 

Cheers,

Elusive

• Like 2

Back to cleaning ... you may want to give it an ultrasound bath and loosen any crud and then it stays 'as is' for at least 10 years before you do anything more to it!  haha

Wholey ... HOLY is a little closer to God and I think that nugget is a God Luck Charm.

Great find! Congratulations,  but as Gerry commented to me on my big find last year, unfortunately it may be a long time until you find another this nice! Mine was a stained clay ball when I  found it and it cleaned up really nice with Ivory bar soap repeated with gentle toothbrush bristles. I didn't want to use acid and the Ivory cleaned the staining well.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, devilsrenegade said:

Congratulations on finding such a beautiful nugget ! I bet it didn't fall far from the tree, you must be close to the source.

Unless it is the source :biggrin: 

Killer nugget!

strick 

Booyahh! 

Incredible, beautiful find.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      The SS Central America had lots of coins and lots of treasure to say the least.  We has a presentation (with coins and gold nuggets) at a PCSC meeting in Downey, California last year.  The author said this book was coming.
      I don't see much of a preview online but it may be a reference book that will show up in your local library!
      https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/new-reference-details-gold-silver-recovered-in-2014-from-ss-central-america
    • By oneguy
      Pretty much done for this year.  We've had snow twice already and it's hitting the teens at night.  Last season I got 106 bits for just under an ounce and this year I only detected 40 bits for just over an ounce so an improvement over my 1st season!  18 bits from Montana and 22 bits from Idaho.  FULL DISCLOSURE:  1 gram of the tiniest bits came from crack scratching/panning in the creek.  I had fun and met some locals from Helena area (BIG help) and that helped me stumble onto the two bigger pieces (25g/4.5g) that saved my season. As long as I can improve weight at the end of season over the last I've reached the main goal.
      good luck guys......

• By Hardtimehermit
      This summer i had a chance to camp and hunt for a day, and i had some luck when i turned up this little slab just hanging out in a small depression in the bedrock.  .6gram

• By Smithsgold
      Bedrock Gold. Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) take you on an Adventure to find Bedrock Crevices filled with  Placer Gold in the California Motherlode. Watch as Gary pulls out Gold Nuggets from the Bedrock and Jeff trys a little Sniping for Gold.

• By phrunt
      https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/ultrarare-diamond-with-another-diamond-inside-found-in-siberia/news-story/fc36004d80fd986200447dffab326b4f
      Miners have unearthed an ultra-rare diamond with a second diamond inside it.
      The inner gem is loose inside the first diamond, moving around freely — and could be the first example of such a diamond ever found in the world.
      This rare gem is believed to have formed around 800 million years ago.
      It was dug up by Russian diamond miners Alrosa at the Nyurba mine in Siberia.
      Scientists then used X-rays and other scanning techniques to confirm the presence of a second diamond inside the first. A diamond within a diamond has wowed the world.Source:Supplied
      “Based on the results of the study, the scientists made a hypothesis about how the crystal was formed,” Alrosa said.
      “According to them, there was an internal diamond at first, and the external one was formed during the subsequent stages of growth.”
      The gem has been dubbed the Matryoshka diamond after the Russian nesting dolls of the same name.
      The outer stone weighs 0.62 carats, while the inner gem weighs 0.02 carats.
      “As far as we know, there has been no such diamond in the history of global diamond mining,” said Oleg Kovalchuk, of Alrosa.
      “This is really a unique creation of nature, especially since nature abhors a vacuum.
      An X-ray view of the diamond inside another diamond.Source:Supplied
      “Usually, in a case like this, the minerals would be replaced by others without forming a cavity.”
      He added: “The most interesting thing for us was to find out how the air space between the inner and outer diamonds was formed,” said Oleg Kovalchuk, of Alrosa.
      The diamond will now be sent to the Gemological Institute of America for further analysis. Researchers haven’t estimated its worth yet — it will be difficult due to the gem’s rarity, they say.
      However, they do have one theory as to how it formed.
      “A layer of porous polycrystalline diamond substance was formed inside the diamond because of ultra-fast growth,” Alrosa scientists explain.
      “And more aggressive mantle processes subsequently dissolved it.
      “Due to the presence of the dissolved layer, one diamond began to move freely inside another — just like a Matryoshka nesting doll.”
    • By jrbeatty
      Currently camped on the job in central Vic where comms are difficult, but here's a progress report.
      Been at it for a couple of weeks (I think ) but there are some results to report. I've been working solo a lot of the time but also with Reg when he's not too busy.
      We started off testing the new Detech 32" coplanar concentric which Stinky Pete kindly loaned us for a few days. What a coil!
      Although we didn't manage to put it over any deep gold, it's easily the deepest seeking coil we have ever used, yet sensitive to small targets as well. I'm ordering an 18" to 20" model as soon as they become available. Howard is busy planning mods to the QED so it can run them as well.
      I'm pretty excited about these coils. My friend Tony has been winding and using them for years with great prospecting success. Needless to say, he isn't interested in owning a "Z"
      Hang onto your GPX's folks, they're about to penetrate previously unreached depths!
      Some of the properties we've been prospecting are familiar and some are new. Always a buzz to finally get onto new ground after meeting with the "Cocky" and negotiating a deal. In some cases the ground has been detected before by others, but with careful gridding we always manage more. On one property we worked yesterday a previously detected patch yielded an additional ounce and a half in chunky colours (young blokes we were told) Perhaps they were ignoring screamers, but we're not complaining
      First up, my solo tally so far. largest piece (front) over half an oz. All found with QED PL2:

- and our shared tally to be eventually split 50/50 . Again, largest piece (front) over half an oz detected by Reg:

All gold located in patches on eroded Tertiary leads. Some pieces still have traces of the cement matrix they eroded out from.
      A general view of one of the Tertiary patches with Reg's young foxy "Boo"  photobombing. Reg in the distance:

Posted elsewhere on this forum, my two largest pieces, found under 500kv powerlines:

A 400mm dig for a 5 grammer. I love that 18" Elite, it even centered shallow flyshite that doesn't register on my scales:

That's all for now. To be continued - - -