It looks like an intriguing area and as you make very clear, it's not the easy pickings we tend to hear of so often. Jackhammering into the cap rock for gold is no picnic I'm sure. Nice gold and hopefully more is coming.

I just love the look of the dirt over there...even if you need a Jack hammer at times...

strick

Youse guys should check that HOTROCK...it could be a meteorite. Of course you can't keep it...it would belong to the Crown.

Strick, almost everything in or under the caprock is golden...almost...

It is very exciting when you get a deep signal and it is under the caprock...the breathing gets short and the BP rises...then the work starts.

good luck guys

fred

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fredmason said:

Youse guys should check that HOTROCK...it could be a meteorite. Of course you can't keep it...it would belong to the Crown.

Strick, almost everything in or under the caprock is golden...almost...

It is very exciting when you get a deep signal and it is under the caprock...the breathing gets short and the BP rises...then the work starts.

good luck guys

fred

Fred I got a good signal under cap rock after getting down about three feet it open up to goanna  hole. All I got for my effort was a dingo trap. I don't know if the trap caught the goanna or whether he dragged the traps catch back in his den. Next time I will look for any burrows, the entrance was 3 meter away.  :sad: 

DingoTrap.jpg

• Like 3

Dang, that is a big trap for a dingo...

Yes, the burrows are a problem, especially when some smart-ass person throws a beer can down the hole.

I should modify my statement-

in virgin ground a signal under the caprock is ALMOST always gold....

• Like 1