More Idaho Gold

So good to see you and Craig again.  I know it was a long ways for you to drive from Southern CA., but we try to share the wealth and this time you two went home with some good Idaho gold.  You must have found the coins after I pulled out?  Well that just goes to show I was willing to let you go home with a couple.  Were they under the two brightly painted rocks that said "look here"?

Here is a photo of some of your gold finds Jim.

Hopefully Spud Digger has another hunt later this year when the weather is a little more cooperative.

Again, It was good to see you two again and thanks for helping on the class for Gold Hunting.  They really enjoyed us, I was told many times.

20190602_114011.jpg

• Like 9

If I may be so bold as to say so, the gold nugget field training team of McMullen and McCulloch is first rate :) I do like it when trainees express appreciation for what they've learned. Yes, the coins were found on Sunday, after everyone but we and Lisa had left. Removing the several inch thick layer of pine needles helped get us onto productive ground. Craig found a really nice INTACT gold pocket watch, with the glass lens intact. He also found a cool (1930's?) Junior Pilot's badge. Craig and Lisa hit the bottle dump hard, and got upwards of 10 bottles for their efforts. I found an embossed name tag, but somehow mislaid it. Bummer. Thanks for posting the picture of my gold. And no, the coins were not found under the painted rocks, but under yet more hail! Gang, to watch Marine McMullen stalwartly marching back into camp head high during one of the several hail storms was inspirational! Oh, yeah, Gerry,  thanks for letting a couple of California Desert Rats pillage more Idaho gold! Let us know when we can return the favor. HH Jim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, Jim McCulloch said:

If I may be so bold as to say so, the gold nugget field training team of McMullen and McCulloch is first rate ? I do like it when trainees express appreciation for what they've learned. Yes, the coins were found on Sunday, after everyone but we and Lisa had left. Removing the several inch thick layer of pine needles helped get us onto productive ground. Craig found a really nice INTACT gold pocket watch, with the glass lens intact. He also found a cool (1930's?) Junior Pilot's badge. Craig and Lisa hit the bottle dump hard, and got upwards of 10 bottles for their efforts. I found an embossed name tag, but somehow mislaid it. Bummer. Thanks for posting the picture of my gold. And no, the coins were not found under the painted rocks, but under yet more hail! Gang, to watch Marine McMullen stalwartly marching back into camp head high during one of the several hail storms was inspirational! Oh, yeah, Gerry,  thanks for letting a couple of California Desert Rats pillage more Idaho gold! Let us know when we can return the favor. HH Jim

McCulloch & McMullen...sounds like a Lawyer Firm.  

I can't wait to see some photos of your other digs I missed out on.

Yes I can sometimes take my detecting serious, so my Marine March never misses a beat.  

Thanks again Jim for taking the time to visit us Idaho Diggers again.

• Like 1

For more photos of the hunt see Gerry's "Idaho Mining Town Finds" in the "Metal Detecting for Coins and Relics" Forum. On YouTube the Tough Run Metal Detecting" channel the first of a four part series on the Diamondville hunt appears. James is one of the two hunters who found their first natural gold. On the "Park Rat Metal Detecting" channel under "The Last Day at Diamondville" video, the latter portion shows the wrap up and awards ceremony. HH Jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

James of the "Tough Run Metal Detecting" YouTube channel just posted another video from the Idaho hunt showing more of the gold, coins and relics found. It was fun. HH Jim