Heartfelt Thanks

Lacky

Lacky,  Not sure what part of Southern Idaho you are in, but I have a "Metal Detector Basics" class this coming Saturday, June 29th.  I'm in Boise.  Learning to know which beeps are real genuine and worth checking, vs the ones to walk away from and not worry about is a big thing for never MD'erists.  I'll also be educating the pin-pointing features and how to narrow down the target zone.  Boise does not allow diggers in Parks so learning to use a probe is a must.  Contact me direct, if you are interested.

BTW.  Stick to this fine forum and for those technical questions as there any many folks who enjoy sharing their detector knowledge.

Yeah, I've seen the classes on your site for many years. I'm a bit of a loner, and you don't show prices so I've always assumed expensive. The rye patch one has always been tempting though.

• Like 1

"Metal Detector Basics" class is $50 for non customers and free to those who purchase from me.  If you prefer to learn 1 on 1, we can do that too, but the cost is more.  Good luck either way.

• Like 1

That's very reasonable, and thanks.

• Like 1

Thinking about it, I do have a question for you Gerry.  Is the permit system in Boise still enforced, and if so how do you get it. All I can find is an article from 7 or 8 years ago talking about an 85 yo lady that was in charge. Her website is no longer active though. If they actually wanted us to have a permit you would think they would say somewhere how to actually get it. I just decided at this point it's such a mess I could get any citations thrown out and ignored it and just follow the rules. I'd do it if it is still an actual thing though.

Permit? I don't need no steenking permit....LOL

Jim......in Blackfoot.

10 hours ago, Lacky said:

Thinking about it, I do have a question for you Gerry.  Is the permit system in Boise still enforced, and if so how do you get it. All I can find is an article from 7 or 8 years ago talking about an 85 yo lady that was in charge. Her website is no longer active though. If they actually wanted us to have a permit you would think they would say somewhere how to actually get it. I just decided at this point it's such a mess I could get any citations thrown out and ignored it and just follow the rules. I'd do it if it is still an actual thing though.

Boise Parks & Rec main office at south end of Ann Morrison Park takes care of the permits.  Conn's was the ones who did the permits as they were one of the main dealers in Boise back in 60's, 70's and 80's.  I became dealer in early 90's and did not want to rock the boat, so they kept the permit system.  Now they have passed the torch to the Parks System (who should have been doing it from the get go).

Permit is for Boise City Parks only. 

Hope this helps and if any more questions, look me up Gerry's Metal Detectors in Boise, ID. www.gerrysdetectors.com

Now go have some fun...with detector in hand.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerry. It would be so much easier if the city would just put that somewhere. I did LOTS of searching and nothing comes up on the Boise city gov sites. At least in the future when people search they will see your post and know the answer, but it shouldn't be that hard to follow the rules.

Also I have been out a fair amount and it has gone well, including a silver ring so far. Honestly I'm having more trouble getting the stuff out of the ground than I am finding it. Most digging is hard on the hands. That's one reason I'm gearing up for water hunting, along with leaving 90% of the competition behind as soon as you get your feet wet it seems. I'm probably going to end up prospecting some though, as that desire always creeps back in.