Concentric Vs. DD For Vaquero/ Tejon/ Cibola?

I have a Vaquero with the stock 8"x9" concentric coil.  I'm wondering if I should get a DD.  There are quite a few out there, for example the Tesoro 5"x10" (stock on the Lobo SuperTraq) and similar size (open structure, though) by Mars and also Cors/Nel.  I'm only interested in coin hunting with this detector.  Anyone out there with experience care to comment whether or not I'll see (hear!) much difference if I get one of the DD's?

Ive used the 12x10DD and 7”DD on an outlaw and Mojave. They cover ground well but the discrimination isn’t as good.  

Only one I still have is the 3x18 cleansweep that I use on my Mojave for jewelry hunting sports fields. 

• Like 3

My fav coil is the 5,75 DD from tesoro i got a few after market coils BUT i always had a feeling manufacturers coil are slightly better tune,with a crispier response .It could be BS but thats my feeling anyway.I am Talking VLF here .

RR

• Like 4

Since I have a Tesoro Mojave 7 "concentric coil that works great ...It is not a deep demon, but it can unmask signals in a reasonably good depth even behind many Top Detectors ....

I decided to buy a DD coil of a similar size to it ... which will work well at extremely strong mineralization. Finally I ordered a 6x8" Sef coil. .
Because coil 7 "DD tesoro widescan is no longer in the seller's offer ..

...From my experience ...my the coil not the V-rated Sef 6x8 " on the Whites Spectra V3 detector will not separate so well in a 2D nailbord test as a round 6" coil, or 5x10 "coil .... but in practice in the field.... it will unmask nicely... Signals

..It's a lightweight coil - on the Spectrum V3, it's a weight with a coil with a  cable and coil cover of = 400 grams. That's why I bought it - I needed a lighter coil for detecting in the hills and rocks..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the Sef 6x8 "coil comes to Mojave, I will test it and write my observations..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Initial tests of CC coil vs DD coil on 4bar -0.4%FE3O4 strong mineralization and also  7bar-4%FE3O4  extremely strong mineralization on Tesoro Mojave .. already in progress:
First observation:
1. Coil 6x8 "SEF has a little more reach 7-11% in airtest-and ground tested at low and maximum sensitivity.. than 7"CC Precizion coil..

2. .. I was surprised by the 6X8 "SEF coil with extremely mineralized BlackSand already at the setting of the switch Ground balance to LOW ...- and is extremely silent ..- stable work
Standard Concentration 7 "Precizion coil has a problem with debugging GB as well as setting GB to HIGH ..- and sweeping is a sense of cracking, and sometimes false signals from the ground.
it is independent of detector sensitivity setting ... and virtually makes it impossible to detect normally in this black sand test ...

3. Practical deep tests on various subjects show a little more deep range in the 6x8 "SEF coil, and "+ " ..has a "wider" / 7-8cm / maximum signal detection window = easier and more powerful detection.
On a concentric 7 "precizion, you have a "point"-to-detection window - you need to get it to the target very accurately to detect it.

4. DD Coil 6X8 "Sef Extremely Fast Separate Objects Leading Each Other
Coil 7 "precizion has a much worse side target separation here.

5 .. more details about the test write later and divide this test into:
 A. ranges and both coils in airtest, and in low mineralized terrain.
B.testing coils for deep detection on 4Bar liapor mineralization,
C.Testing and reach of the same objects at 7bar Black sand -extreme Mineralization ..

6.Optimal setting of the Tesoro Mojave detector to the conditions - and the effect of the setting on the detection ..

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 011_DxO.jpg

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 023_DxO.jpg

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 068_DxO.jpg

iphone 5S marec 6 002_DxO.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tesoro Mojave test update and 7 "CC precizion and 6X8" DD SEF.
As I wrote the coil DD in all the tests still had a little more about 1-2cm deph, so here only write coil 6x8 "DD Sef Coil..

Mojave Test Coil 6x8 "DD:

1. Hammered Coin Parvus: air-test 13.5cm
        4Bar Fe3O4 liapor test 10.5cm
7bar Fe3O4 BlackSand test -7.7cm

2.Au heart: air - test19cm
  4bar Fe3O4-liapor test 13.5-14cm
  7bar Fe3O4 blackSand test -10.5cm

3.Au ring 3gram: air-test24cm
4bar- FE3O4 liapor test 18cm
7bar FE3O4 BlackSand-13cm ..

4. 1FT SILVER Coin:
AIR-test 23 cm
4BAR Fe3O4-Liapor 18cm
7BAR Fe3O4 BlackSand test-13cm

5. GOLD brick 1GRAM:
  AIR test-16cm
4BAR Fe3O4 Liapor Test 12-13CM
  7BAR Fe3O4 BlackSand Test-10CM ..

The results I have achieved in the tests show from the Tesoro mojave range on the set objects with a percentage equivalent for some type of mineralization terrain where:.
  Airtest means 100% reach ..
  At 4bar Fe3O4 strongly mineralized terrain we reach only max75% -77% of Airtest reach.

At 7bar Fe3O4 extremely strongly mineralized BlackSand terrain we get only a max of 55% -57% reach in Airtest ..

7Bar Fe3O4 "Blacksand test"

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 034_DxO.jpg

4Bar Fe3O4 Liapor test"

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 052.JPG

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 043.JPG

JUN 6 iphone 5S 2019 018_DxO.jpg

jun 5 Iphone5S 2019 027.JPG

jun 5 Iphone5S 2019 012.JPG

• Like 2

Nice, thorough tests as always, EL NINO, thanks!  Maybe you've explained this before (and can link...), but could you say how you get the Fe3O4 data?  Do you mix magnetite into your test soil, measuring it by weight?  Or do you make a detector (such as Fisher Gold Bug) measurement?

To prepare 7bar BlackSand use 75kg sand and of 3 Kg=6x 0.5kg bottles technical Magnetite.

But I will still check it on Teknetick G2 and 11 "DD Coil, and also on the Whites SpectraV3 detector, there is a

Ground probe on 3F multifrequency to set the minimum RxGain-1 = from 13% -26% mineralization according to the  type coils..

I will add a few more comments from the test:

In medium and  high  4bar mineralization enough to forgive the setting of discrimination and the movement of the coil,

At the extreme high 7Bar fe3O4 blacksand mineralization the best results you get by setting the discrimination on I-Iron... and also adequately reduce the speed of sweeping coil.

Maj 5 Iphone5S 2019 025.JPG

Maj 5 Iphone5S 2019 027.JPG

Maj 5 Iphone5S 2019 056.JPG

Maj 8 Iphone5S 2018 019.JPG

Maj 8 Iphone5S 2018 044.JPG

• Like 2

Not to forget to evaluate the 7 "CC Precision coil:

It's also a great coil for the Mojave .. it still finds and separates the good things from the iron.

From the sensitivity set to max,.. its range in the airtest: is almost the same with the 6x8" SEF coil set to Sensitivity 5 ...

Therefore, even the Sef coil when set to Max sensitivity has a 1-2cm better reach even in the mild and heavily mineralized ground.

But if you detect in a very strong mineralization.... still use the Tesoro mojave some DD coil - will allow you to effectively and reliably detect under heavy conditions.

• Like 1