Did better than a buddy of mine who hit some old ground and found his glasses he lost last year!

• Like 1

Some nice find me old mate,your licence allows upto 3ft digging on the Thames foreshore,never knew you had a motorbike !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      Yesterday my buddy stumbled onto another hot spot at the 1850's site we've been hunting since the beginning of the year and found a Dragoon and an R button along with a really nice rosette. He wasn't able to go out today, but he gave me his blessing to head over and hunt it today. I'm sure he's not to happy about that now 🙂
        I got there at 05:30 this morning and right away period items began to come to light, dropped musket ball, pistol ball, percussion cap and a trouser button on the first pass. That's always a good sign when you start to pull some keepers right from the get go. On the next pass, a percussion cap, 2 pulltabs, a pistol ball and then I get a 21-22 on the Nox 800. We seldom get very many items that hit in the 20's except aluminum slaw or deeply buried aluminum cans, most hits are in the 9 to 19 range. I fully expected to dig a piece of trash and was totally unprepared for what came out, when I saw what it was, I just threw it back onto the dirt pile, stood up and started walking around stunned. A major bucket lister that I always wanted to dig, but just never figured I'd ever see come outta the hole, my first Spanish Reale.  My goal for the day was to at least dig a Dragoon or maybe another R button. This was the last thing I thought would ever come from this site, I'm still in awe that I was privileged to find such an awesome coin.
        Somehow I was able to compose myself and continue hunting for another 9 hours and ended up with some excellent relics to add to my display case once I finish hunting this site. I did dig a lead, 1 piece button, my 3rd from here, anyone have any idea if it's period and what it's from?  Once again my settings on the Nox

11" coil
      Sens 23
      Recovery 4
      Iron bias  0
      No disc
      GB at 3-6
      Park 1
      2-tones
      Tone break -9 to +8

• By Rivers rat
      Hello went back to the spot of my latest trench and decided to dig one longer,i left markers last week which were still there on thursday but were gone on Saturday ...........so i left some this time heavy enough that u need a bit of strength to move those rock.......I was equipped with the 9"HF 1 spade ,1 pickaxe and 1 Hodan pick.Weather was ok not too hot.
      The pickaxe really helped to loosen the compacted gravel,and i think with a bit of practice i will getter better at it.I detected the spoil once out ,and it was very easy with the deus to switch 
      on and off.

So i found:
      -1 Rose farthing
      -1 Nuremberg token
      -1 beautiful button from the 4th regiment of the East  India Company
      -1 roman coin
      -1 strap of some sort probably medieval.

I did found anything while refilling the trench(which is good) and i more than happy with the result as i still got 100s of trench to do on that spot but also i am the only one allowed as most of the license holders are scrapping only🍌.I also found a pretty long clay pipe

Enjoy the work out 

RR

• By Dan(NM)
      Still hunting the 1850's fort site that we started hunting around the first of the year and I was able to dig a few keepers. I started the morning using the CTX, but within 30 minutes, headed to the car to put her away. There's a time and place for the 3030, but, this place isn't it. Wandered around for a little while trying to get in tune, so I decided to hunt in between a couple of trees in an area we haven't put much pressure on. I stayed in that one area for about 7 hours and dug an unusual amount of epaulette debris today. I managed to score my first R button along with a Dragoon and a plain Eagle cuff. Targets were plentiful, so, we'll be back to give this spot a good working over. Towards the end of the day I dug a toasted copper coin that was banging 28-30, which after a little cleaning at home, it looks to be a mid 1800's Mexican 1/4 reale. This makes the fourth one to come out of here so far.

My settings on the 800 were:

Park 1

11" coil

Sens 22

Recovery 4

Iron bias 0

2-Tone

Tone break -9 to +8

Auto GB
      No Disc

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Spud Digger invited me to a Private Property hunt last weekend with about 25 other diggers.  The site goes back to the 1860's.  Now I wish all the finds were dated then, but the cabins were used and lived in in the 1900's Depression era too.  Yes we find the occasional wheat cent from the 30's, but that is ok.  We also get hunt the mining piles for gold nuggets, which makes this exact place a fun hunt for those who enjoy a variety.
      Anyway, my oldest US coin on this hunt was an 1890 Indian Head cent, as well as a couple Chinese Cache coins, a lead soldier on a horse, a coin size sterling flower piece, a cute little shoe bottom (either a child or a Chinamen?).  Also recovered the normal suspender clasps, buckles and a few eye candy glass buttons.  Even a non metal knife sharpener was spotted in one of my digs.
      One of my favorite finds besides the "Idaho City, Idaho" token (I love local history saves), was the tire pressure gauge.
      But the best find of the trip by anyone (at least in my opinion) was the 1918 State of Idaho Chauffeur #1159 Badge.  Part of what made this find so unique is the lady digger who found it, was sifting for bottles and not even using a detector.  If anyone can share some light on the badge, please let us know.

• By Flowdog
      I wanted to get this posted on the anniversary of D-Day. I'll let the picture of this copper plaque speak for itself. 
      The back story is personally significant, but is inconsequential to the recovery itself. I am honored to present it to this forum on this date.

• By strick
      It seems some of the best treasures are right under your feet in places you would not anticipate to find them. I've been having fun hunting for WW2 artifacts 5 min from where I live. Work has been busy so I've managed a couple hours here and there over the last 3-4 weeks. Camp Stoneman was a military base in Pittsburg Ca (the town I grew up in). From what I understand the soldiers in this camp were headed to the pacific theatre. My grandfather used to drive a bus to transport the soldiers from the camp to the ships waiting at the river. When I was a kid I used to hunt jack rabbits in the old abandoned camp with my bow and arrow. Those fields are now gone and so are any remnants of the old camp but I've managed to find some dirt here and there that has not been built over. My favorites so far are the two officers hat pins one silver the other brass. The navy airmans button, the Japanese coin is from the late 1800's,  a toasted SLQ, several Rosies and a 1945 silver dime from the Philippines and the Captains bars from a helmet. Being we just finished celebrating Memorial day and now D-Day is upon us once again I thought it a good time to post these pictures. RIP to our brave soldiers who never got to live the life we sometimes take for granted.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Stoneman
      strick