Did better than a buddy of mine who hit some old ground and found his glasses he lost last year!

• Like 1

Some nice find me old mate,your licence allows upto 3ft digging on the Thames foreshore,never knew you had a motorbike !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      Still hunting the 1850's fort site that we started hunting around the first of the year and I was able to dig a few keepers. I started the morning using the CTX, but within 30 minutes, headed to the car to put her away. There's a time and place for the 3030, but, this place isn't it. Wandered around for a little while trying to get in tune, so I decided to hunt in between a couple of trees in an area we haven't put much pressure on. I stayed in that one area for about 7 hours and dug an unusual amount of epaulette debris today. I managed to score my first R button along with a Dragoon and a plain Eagle cuff. Targets were plentiful, so, we'll be back to give this spot a good working over. Towards the end of the day I dug a toasted copper coin that was banging 28-30, which after a little cleaning at home, it looks to be a mid 1800's Mexican 1/4 reale. This makes the fourth one to come out of here so far.

My settings on the 800 were:

Park 1

11" coil

Sens 22

Recovery 4

Iron bias 0

2-Tone

Tone break -9 to +8

Auto GB
      No Disc

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Spud Digger invited me to a Private Property hunt last weekend with about 25 other diggers.  The site goes back to the 1860's.  Now I wish all the finds were dated then, but the cabins were used and lived in in the 1900's Depression era too.  Yes we find the occasional wheat cent from the 30's, but that is ok.  We also get hunt the mining piles for gold nuggets, which makes this exact place a fun hunt for those who enjoy a variety.
      Anyway, my oldest US coin on this hunt was an 1890 Indian Head cent, as well as a couple Chinese Cache coins, a lead soldier on a horse, a coin size sterling flower piece, a cute little shoe bottom (either a child or a Chinamen?).  Also recovered the normal suspender clasps, buckles and a few eye candy glass buttons.  Even a non metal knife sharpener was spotted in one of my digs.
      One of my favorite finds besides the "Idaho City, Idaho" token (I love local history saves), was the tire pressure gauge.
      But the best find of the trip by anyone (at least in my opinion) was the 1918 State of Idaho Chauffeur #1159 Badge.  Part of what made this find so unique is the lady digger who found it, was sifting for bottles and not even using a detector.  If anyone can share some light on the badge, please let us know.

• By Flowdog
      I wanted to get this posted on the anniversary of D-Day. I'll let the picture of this copper plaque speak for itself. 
      The back story is personally significant, but is inconsequential to the recovery itself. I am honored to present it to this forum on this date.

• By strick
      It seems some of the best treasures are right under your feet in places you would not anticipate to find them. I've been having fun hunting for WW2 artifacts 5 min from where I live. Work has been busy so I've managed a couple hours here and there over the last 3-4 weeks. Camp Stoneman was a military base in Pittsburg Ca (the town I grew up in). From what I understand the soldiers in this camp were headed to the pacific theatre. My grandfather used to drive a bus to transport the soldiers from the camp to the ships waiting at the river. When I was a kid I used to hunt jack rabbits in the old abandoned camp with my bow and arrow. Those fields are now gone and so are any remnants of the old camp but I've managed to find some dirt here and there that has not been built over. My favorites so far are the two officers hat pins one silver the other brass. The navy airmans button, the Japanese coin is from the late 1800's,  a toasted SLQ, several Rosies and a 1945 silver dime from the Philippines and the Captains bars from a helmet. Being we just finished celebrating Memorial day and now D-Day is upon us once again I thought it a good time to post these pictures. RIP to our brave soldiers who never got to live the life we sometimes take for granted.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Stoneman
      strick

• By Kickindirt
      A friend and I spent a couple days swinging around a couple junk filled ghost towns. I am very familiar with the Xp deus. I had also brought with the new to me Xp ORX. I spent my time swinging both the deus/ORX with the 9 Hf, 9x5Hf and my LF 11x13 coils. I found some good stuff and was really able to put the new ORX to work. I kept the ORX equipped with the 9x5hf coil. Deus with 9Hf coil. Also have my 11x13 on a straight shaft to easily switch to that. These site have been hit hard over the last few years by me and a ton of other people and have seen 3 to 4 large group hunts. Heres a few pics

• By Dan(NM)
      Got out with the Equinox again to do a little civil War era hunting. I hunted a fort that was occupied from 1851 thru 1862. I dug a lot of trash but I managed to rescue a few keepers.