A Little One That Almost Got Thrown Away

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Great photos. What camera do you use?

I like to be able to say I can take these close up photos because I`m a brilliant photographer but the truth is I use a low power usb microscope.  The high power scopes have no depth of field and are very hard to focus.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20X-200X-2MP-8-LED-USB-Digital-Microscope-Zoom-Camera-w-Stand-Black/122344142206?hash=item1c7c47757e:g:KvQAAOSwVqlaQngZ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gold is gold, nice pics very sharp images. I almost did the same thing to a 5 gram nugget it was completely encrusted in iron stone. Just looked like a rusty nugget almost tossed thinking it was a little hot rock until I gave it a scratch. Makes you wonder how many nuggets have been kicked out of the way.

• Like 1

Phoenix I saw a rusty bit of junk that someone threw away near a trench that was put in to stop soil erosion. As I was using the wife Whites 6000d I thought I would test it to see if her motion discrimination would cut out this "2 inch rusty nut". It gave a good signal so I picked it up to show the Wife how the Garret Deepseeker was better than the Whites discriminator large iron out. As soon as I got in in my hand I knew it was gold. It turn out to be 2 ounces when clean up. No gold showed up till it was cleaned and the gold was porous in character. I showed at least a dozen prospector and they all said it was junk till I dropped it in their hand. Someone was unlucky but I was over the moon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1