A Little One That Almost Got Thrown Away

On 6/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, phoenix said:

I don`t wear my glasses when I detect and yesterday I got this little one, and at first glance I thought it was a piece of steel.   Good thing I turned it over and looked at the other side. ?

Not real big, maybe a 0.3 if I`m lucky ?

WIN_20190612_11_20_19_Pro.jpg

WIN_20190612_11_21_23_Pro.jpg

Phoenix , great pics . question for you .

When you take a photo with microscope how do you transfer it to your smart phone for texting or your computer for saving or emailing .

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's a USB microscope, so it connects directly to your computer and stores the photo on the computer, I've got one too, they're pretty cool...

Thanks Simon , will be very useful toy for me . Particularly as I do a lot of goldfield results to mates by texting with pics .

Cheers

goldrat

3 hours ago, goldrat said:

Phoenix , great pics . question for you .

When you take a photo with microscope how do you transfer it to your smart phone for texting or your computer for saving or emailing .

Cheers

goldrat

hey goldrat

yeh what Phrunt said, you plug the usb into the computer (I have no idea what a smart phone might be), when you take the photo it saves a jpeg file to your computer, easy peezy lemon squeesy.  PM me if you would like me to show you. Dave

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, goldrat said:

Thanks phoenix ,

Will order one today , with my limited skills if I run into trouble , I will PM you . Thanks for the advice and offer .

Cheers

goldrat

Depending on the operating system you are using you might have to install a very small capture software called AMCAP. My Windows 10 mainframe just detects the camera when I plug the scope in, but with AMCAP I just took this photo on my old as the hills Vista laptop. I can give you AMCAP if you need it, but I don`t suppose many people are running Vista Laptops these days.  ☺️

Snapshot@2019_0614_141959.jpg

• Thanks 1