My detector has been having some problems lately. I have a teknetics liberator. The other night it was chirping periodically. In the morning it wouldn’t turn on. So I checked the connecting points and put a fresh battery in and the power button still didn’t work. When I put the battery in it would turn on automatically but then would turn off after a short time.

Has anyone ever had experiences fixing this?

Could possibly be an issue with the on/off button membrane, if so I would be contacting Fisher for a  warranty repair if still covered, I doubt whether it would be user repairable. 

• Like 2

if you do find it's the button and out of warranty you could possibly wire up a new switch or button to the side or somewhere to turn it on or off.  That's what I'd have to do here as I'd have to send it to USA to be repaired, never worth it so fixing yourself it often the better option.

This morning I was asleep and heard a distant and faint bleep... then about 3 seconds passed followed by low tone. Found it it was my Teknetics Minuteman. Looked at the screen and it showed the battery icon with nothing else. Tried to turn it on and it will not fully turn on. It will not fully turn off either. So it is in limbo somewhere in between for lack of a better term. Removed the battery and that stopped the mess.

I've admittedly only used this detector a couple times, less than 4 hrs on it. It surely can't be a problem from use. In the case of mine, this detector is only a few months old. I'm thinking it is some sort of resistor/capacitance leakdown

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By devilsrenegade
      I was considering putting my 4b on a dfx shaft, doesn't look like a big deal to me, but guy at whites said different. If l had it on the dfx shaft l would have the option of straight shaft or s shaft with pistol grip depending on which lower shafts l use.  Has anyone ever done this before or have any info that might help me before l tackle this ? Thanks to all who reply.

• By mann 2
      Hello, I'm new here!

• By GB_Amateur
      I was out hunting today, nearing the end of the session.  A young man (mid-20's?) approached and said 'hello' so I pulled off my headphones and returuned the greeting.  He stated that thanks to a high school teacher who was a detectorist he was interested in adding the hobby, and asked for some advice on getting started.  I inquired about his goals and what he was willing to invest.  His response was that he wasn't sure what kind of detecting he would do, but he had about $200 to get started.  The answer was easy -- get a Simplex.

• By bethanyb1201
      Hello all.... I recently had my Nox 800 and my V3I destroyed in a vehicle accident. My question is.... Do I wait till next year to buy a detector hoping new "suprise" tech will come out or Just buy a 3030 and call it a day??? Ty in advance
    • By Skookum
      I’m always trying to learn how to correctly identify evidences of the older workings.  These piles caught my attention because they look like old dry washing header piles, but there are no discernible tailings piles. The rock piles are quite flattened, perhaps this means they are old. But, the other mysterious finding is that there are relatively no large rocks found between the piles.  This is in contrast to the surrounding terrain, which is homogeneously strewn with rocks of variable size. This makes me wonder if the piles were formed by detectorists trying to get a more level surface. Then, again, I don’t see any recent evidence of recent diggings due to the flatness of the ground.  Is anybody with more experience willing to share their take on it?

• By devilsrenegade
      Seen this on E bay, could this be a china fake ?  said it came with wireless module and headphones and was under warranty until dec 2020.