Teknetics Liberator Problem

My detector has been having some problems lately. I have a teknetics liberator. The other night it was chirping periodically. In the morning it wouldn’t turn on. So I checked the connecting points and put a fresh battery in and the power button still didn’t work. When I put the battery in it would turn on automatically but then would turn off after a short time.

Has anyone ever had experiences fixing this?

Could possibly be an issue with the on/off button membrane, if so I would be contacting Fisher for a  warranty repair if still covered, I doubt whether it would be user repairable. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This morning I was asleep and heard a distant and faint bleep... then about 3 seconds passed followed by low tone. Found it it was my Teknetics Minuteman. Looked at the screen and it showed the battery icon with nothing else. Tried to turn it on and it will not fully turn on. It will not fully turn off either. So it is in limbo somewhere in between for lack of a better term. Removed the battery and that stopped the mess.

I've admittedly only used this detector a couple times, less than 4 hrs on it. It surely can't be a problem from use. In the case of mine, this detector is only a few months old. I'm thinking it is some sort of resistor/capacitance leakdown