Solid Rock Penetration Depth? TDI SL

WesM

Hello,

I'm looking at penetration through schist / slate type bedrock and quartz vein medium mineralized on a 70 deg vert plane, so the end grain is detectable. Fair amount of fracturing from the use of explosives I believe leaving hairline to 1/32 cracking here and there and some larger along the rock wall with 60 or so years of CA. High Sierra weathering on it. . But I'm also looking at what the penetration depth would be for the same material in solid condition further in from the rock face. Anyone have any experience with these conditions? Target is a leafy up to .5  mm thick ribbons and crystalized pockets of gold in, umm, not sure what they're called but they look like flattened bubbles in the quartz coated with crystalized gold inside, the only visible "bubble" is .70" w x 1.7" or so  deep, at least according to my fillet knife.

Anyone?

My only experience with something like this was when my son, using a GPX, got a nice signal in some slate in a dry creek bed.  His detector sounded off on every pass over it, my TDI SL gave a slight whine every third or forth pass.  At about 5"-7" he found the target, a tiny piece of tin from an old can.