Rob Allison

Dealer Sale Andy Sabisch's New Equinox Series Handbook - In Stock

Hey Guys,

Many probably know that Andy Sabisch just wrote a new book titled - The Equinox Series Handbook.  We now have several cases of books in stock and ready to sell.  This book is a great read and will greatly increase your knowledge on both the Minelab Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 Metal Detectors.  A must have if you are a Equinox owner, or plan on purchasing one.  

Thanks for the great book Andy, very well done!

You can purchase online from us at -

https://www.robsdetectors.com/the-equinox-series-handbook-by-andy-sabisch/

$19.95 + $4.00 US Media Mail Shipping.  

Rob's Detector Sales
rob@robsdetectors.com - email

EquinoxBook1.jpg

EquinoxBook2.jpg

Hi Rob,

i'm new to this site, as I'm looking to start using my ML 600 -- just purchased!!  the downloaded user's manual is difficult to navigate and understand how to translate what I'm hearing to what they have printed.  

I see Andy Sabisch's book, but am hesitant to purchase same.   I see good reviews, but wish to be sure it is what i need to get started versus another manual that does not explain the filters and audible outputs from use.  Can you help me out?

ajax

Just a suggestion:  there are a lot of people here who understand detectors and detecting.  If you ask a question addressed to no one in particular you are much more likely to get an answer (even a variety of answers) than aiming your question at just one person who may or may not visit the site that frequently.

There is a 26 page chapter in Andy's book titled Features, Specifications and Controls of the Equinox 600 and 800 which covers the settings.  In addition, in the applications chapters he includes 'canned' settings provided him by several knowledgeable and experienced detectorists.  Bottom line, though, is that there are so many ways to set up the Eqx that learning the detector with the factory defaults set and then slowly varying just one control at a time is probably the best approach.  Andy emphasizes that every site and every target has its own optimal setting so, yes, learning what each 'knob' does is valuable in the long run.

This book is pragmatic, not theoretical.  Not surprisingly, Minelab has kept tight-lipped about much of the details of what's going on inside.

• Like 2

How does it differ from Clive's books?

Received it in the mail today.

Bought it on eBay from the writer Andy Sabisch (TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com). 

Signed by Andy himself. That is a nice touch too, I think.

Very fast shipping, excellent condition, have not read it yet but the outlay looks very promising and attractive.

Have both books from Clive too. Should make a nice supplement to them and great reading material for any Equinox owner/user.

Greetings,

• Like 1

This is a good book. It gives lots of food for thought. Plus it is a real book not a computer printed and stapled pamphlet, at a high price.

I used Steve's settings from the book and pulled a .10gram piece from an area hit with an SDC, GB2 and the Nox(different settings). I know my Nox and still learned new tricks.

If you don't know your Nox, this is the book for you. Legit!!!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed these posts.  I can tell you Andy Sabisch has been using and writing publications and books on the Minelab metal detectors for at least 20 years, if not more.  Some of the best books written on how to use them are written by Andy.  I highly recommend this new book for any Equinox owner, regardless of your experience level with the detector.  We just received in several more cases, but they will go quickly.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/the-equinox-series-handbook-by-andy-sabisch/

Clive also writes a few smaller booklets on the Equinox, one is a Beginner and then the other is more Advanced.  I would suggest all three, as they all have helped me at some point with settings or general use. 

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

• Like 2

• Similar Content

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I just got in a very nice conditioned Minelab GPZ 7000 metal detector that was purchased from us.  Customer was unable to continue with this unit, so it was purchased back in a trade deal.  The unit includes all stock accessories and original packaging box.  The unit has a Doc's 3 Piece Control Box Cover that has always protected the wireless remote, control box bottom and LCD screen.  The customer also had a 19" Searchcoil that was never used.   The total purchase was $9500.00 nearly a year ago.  There still is a factory warranty included and some extras including the 3 piece cover, aftermarket carry bag, scoop and such.  
      Asking $6500.00 Shipped to you in the US only.  
      We will also include FREE Field Instructions here in Arizona for one day.  The instructions must be scheduled with us.  We will also add in lifetime support beyond the sale.  
      Send us a PM if you would like pictures or serial number.  Thanks!
      Rob Allison
    • By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
         Just a FYI, I have been waiting for these new picks to arrive.  Doc @ Doc's Detecting has built a new Prospecting pick call the NS.  Below are some pictures of the new picks.  We have them in stock and available for sale.  They are $89.95+ S/H
      Order Online here ----> https://www.robsdetectors.com/docs-22-ns-prospecting-pick/
      The overall lenght is 22" inches, the blade width is 5 1/2" wide and from pick point to end is 11"  The pick is built super well and well balanced.  The pick blade is folded on each end to help pull back dirt and material when digging.  
      Call us if you're interested.  
      Rob's Detector Sales
      Surprise, AZ
      623-362-1459

• By Jim McCulloch
      TOTALLY NEW, never used, never mounted. This is the white plastic with blue label CONCENTRIC version. For the entire lineup of pre-24k Goldmasters. Original price $249.95, my price, postpaid, to lower 48 states, is $110.00.
    • By Rege-PA
      DETECH 32in CONCENTRIC is now shipping.
      $1299.00 Shipped
      PM for ordering.
      CREEK DETECTOR SALES    724 446 9433

• By AMDS
      We have the Equinox 600 in stock now with a digging tool, tool belt with deluxe trash/treasure pouch, carry bag, and free shipping. Also included for a limited time (stock on hand) a 1/8" to 1/4" audio adapter cable, a $44.99 value for free. Package retail value $818.84, yours for $649
      Equinox 600 Package Deal
      Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS)
      3222 Commercial Drive
      Anchorage, AK 99501
      907-277-1741
      email parts@akmining.com

• By AMDS
      We got in a Keene ST1 Shaker Table as a sort of experiment, not having normally stocked this type of item before. Well, it's still here and it needs to find a home. So we are eating all the shipping to Alaska and selling this for Keene's recommend price of $3395 (no tax in Anchorage). And to make it a real deal we are also throwing in the $275 ST1B Base for free!
      From the Keene website:
      "This is a compact shaker table that will concentrate gold and other values down to 500 mesh and will process up to 800 pounds of placer or hard rock material per hour! Absolutely ideal for use with rock crushers and active placer operations. You can process material up to 1/4 of an inch with this table and it is equipped with built in nugget traps. All eccentrics have ball bearings for long life and precision action. The ST1 comes equipped with a magnetic separator that helps liberate the gold and provides for superior recovery.
      The ST1 Table has 4 discharge ports, an essential system for the professional:
      Port #1: Pure Gold
      Port #2: Roughing Port
      Port #3: Midlings
      Port #4: Tailings
      This table must be bolted down (see optional ST1B base) and requires a 110 Volt power source. Dimensions are 43" x 17""

We also  have a clearance sale going on all in stock gold dredges that have an air compressor on them. Lots of other deals so stop by or give us a call!

AMDS Suction Dredges On Sale Now!
      Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS)
      3222 Commercial Drive
      Anchorage, AK 99501
      907-277-1741
      parts@akmining.com
      www.akmining.com