GPZ With 15" & 12" Spiral X Coil

Yeah was very impressed with stability and sensitivity.   The 12 could very well be the best all rounder for the GPZ, sharp response and easy target location, kinda like when you fit one of the Elite or Evo coils on a GPX a big step forward.

• Like 2

Likewise Norvic, I have found I can use normal a lot more now. Stability is great, as is EMI resistance.

In addition to my awesome 17 X coil, I have a 12 round and a 22 x 21 coming. Can't wait to see how well the big " Russian jobbie " goes on some deep ground !

The way these coils are performing, I can see Minelab taking a big hit to sales of their GPZ19. 

Cheers, Rick

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They'll probably pay for themselves in no time ? I've been waiting for you to do a bit of a review on how you're going with them!  You might have to get a GPX X-coil soon when you get your QED :laugh:

Stop it Phrunt...……….? I`ve put an 11" Coiltek on my modded SDC, first one lasted 20 minutes but replaced under warranty no trouble. It has found gold, I like its stable, sensitive performance but I really don`t see me using it much, especially now I`ve seen what the 12"X on the Z does, it just outclasses the SDC in depth and matches it in sensitivity on those surface pieces.

AG be real keen to see how you go with that 22x21, I`ve got some deep ground the ML 19 pulled a few ozs out of and I`m sure there is more waiting for a Monster X.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

They'll probably pay for themselves in no time ? I've been waiting for you to do a bit of a review on how you're going with them!  You might have to get a GPX X-coil soon when you get your QED :laugh:

Now why would you need a GPX X-coil when you can now get the 10" coil on the GPZ? :biggrin:   That really is the only drawback I had found with the GPZ.

8 hours ago, Norvic said:

Stop it Phrunt...……….? I`ve put an 11" Coiltek on my modded SDC, first one lasted 20 minutes but replaced under warranty no trouble. It has found gold, I like its stable, sensitive performance but I really don`t see me using it much, especially now I`ve seen what the 12"X on the Z does, it just outclasses the SDC in depth and matches it in sensitivity on those surface pieces.

I have a 10" X-coil in the mail too.  I am curious to see how well it does competing with the standard 8" SDC coil.  Once all of these coils get delivered, we should have a pretty good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Slightly off topic,

Anyone know someone who can make a patch lead in the US?

Definitely on topic, electronic repair service centres should have the tools, plugs and expertise to cut a GPZ coil lead and put a plug back on the original coil so as it can be used as well. To do so you`d need to purchase a X coil which comes with the written and photo instructions. If you go into JWs thread on his Take on the X coils, Phrunt has covered this topic much better then I can. I feel once you folks find a person who can make this patch lead, the GPZ will have a new lease of life in the US. Not having a small coil for the GPZ is surely its biggest failing as has been discussed in many threads on this forum, especially for us old codgers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Genuine 19" coil sales may go down but GPZ sales will surely go up.  People waited years for a range of coils, especially a small coil... well, they're here now ?

Phrunt "you`ve hit the nail squarely on the head" GPZ sales will surely go up, once it has a range of coils available, especially that smaller coil.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andyy said:

I have a 10" X-coil in the mail too.  I am curious to see how well it does competing with the standard 8" SDC coil.  Once all of these coils get delivered, we should have a pretty good idea.

This is what i would like to know too.  

• Like 2