An Interesting Case For 2 Tones

I've tried 2-tone on my F75 LTD2, and Makro detectors, and just never could take to it.  

When I used beach mode on my EQ800, it defaults to 5-tone audio and I felt I was missing a lot of the audio intelligence presented in 50 tone.  I purposely forced myself from day one on my EQ800 to learn 50 tones, I know for some it's a lot of info to take in, but once you train your audio muscle memory to use it, it really does convey a lot of audio nuances that are lost in the other modes.  

Just my opinion, YMMV, use what works best for you ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive not played around enough with 2 tones...... is there a way to adjust the HIGH tone?   I turned it on briefly the other day..... and the high tone appears to be set at 25 volume.   Id prefer something in the range of 13.   That high of a tone makes things seem SMALLER or all the same size..... its difficult to tell a quarter from a can lid deep.  

You can adjust both the volume and the frequency of the tone. Factory default is set at 25 for both. I use volume set at 24 but frequency for the highest tone set at 25 hz. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:08 AM, Tom Slick said:

You can adjust both the volume and the frequency of the tone. Factory default is set at 25 for both. I use volume set at 24 but frequency for the highest tone set at 25 hz. 

Caveat - you can make those adjustments IF you have an Equinox 800 but not if you have an Equinox 600.  Just to be clear for the Equinox 600 users.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

@midlake, I have not tried that but it is a great idea that I will try at the beach. Seems like all metal mode is a good way to test. Thanks!

I have more to add, just returned from three weeks of salt hunting. I still believe in one tone and going to all metal mode for final decision. Many if not all true ferrous targets crisp up and number lock to the minus side better when switching to all metal. 

I also want to say that even though a true number lock on a target is unlikely [in moving salt water], except for shallow targets, I had no issues with making determinations on digging. With the 1,2 and 5 peso coin being ferrous and reading between -4 -7, there was plenty of iffy signals to sift through.  And ALL of those iffy signals I dug, none were of any worth [all ferrous]. Guessing I have several hundred "iffy targets" dug. I am very confident at this point things are not slipping by me using my method of one tone and meter ID. . 

It leads me to believe that even though I do not get a number lock, the general sound and groups of numbers +1 and better are a working combination.

I have always been an if in doubt DIG, person. You really get a raw look at all targets in one tone, and going to all metal really makes decisions easier. 

HH Dave

• Like 1