Brief Cherry Pick Session

dan_h

Used Cherry Pick settings from the Handbook for  a brief session in a local park.  Found a penny, the handle of a spoon.  If it ever was silver plated, that is long gone.  Then found a quarter-sized disk, a token of some sort.  It says "Where a kid can be a kid" on both sides and one side was stamped OTTS.ORG.  I  just tried that website and it is apparently closed.  There was a message to the effect to leave your contact info if you have any business with this site.

Question:  is there something more than the Lesche Predator but less than a shovel -- a mini shovel, perhaps?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Mr Swing king said:

Chucky cheeses. Where a kid can be a kid. Used to be a pizza place back in the late 90's that had arcade games and prizes. 

That's Chuck E. Cheese.  https://www.chuckecheese.com/

On 6/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, dan_h said:

Then found a quarter-sized disk, a token of some sort.  It says "Where a kid can be a kid" on both sides and one side was stamped OTTS.ORG.  I  just tried that website and it is apparently closed.  There was a message to the effect to leave your contact info if you have any business with this site.

Hi Dan, sounds like you are in my old stomping grounds... that token is from the Oregon Treasure Trail Society metal detecting club in Portland.  I used to be a member until I moved to Texas.  They changed their web address to www.OTTSCLUB.org a few years back. 

https://ottsclub.org/

They use game tokens during weekly club hunts in the various parks around the area... usually finding one would get you a silver dime at the count out.  You were most likely at one of the parks they have held a hunt in the past..  The hunts were fun, live wild hunts (except for a few token plants) at parks and schools, usually old (by Portland standards).  Great group of guys that really work to support the hobby by working with the local parks and rec and others to create awareness that we aren't just digging up the landscape and leaving messes.  We actually counted trash collected at the count out too.. and shared that information with the Parks and Rec. 

Rick Page is the president of the club.  If you reach out to the website, tell them (him) Tim Root sent you their way. 

Happy Hunting. ~Tim

On 6/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, dan_h said:

Used Cherry Pick settings from the Handbook for  a brief session in a local park.  Found a penny, the handle of a spoon.  If it ever was silver plated, that is long gone.  Then found a quarter-sized disk, a token of some sort.  It says "Where a kid can be a kid" on both sides and one side was stamped OTTS.ORG.  I  just tried that website and it is apparently closed.  There was a message to the effect to leave your contact info if you have any business with this site.

Question:  is there something more than the Lesche Predator but less than a shovel -- a mini shovel, perhaps?

For a digger there’s this https://www.ebay.com/itm/devils-tongue-hand-digger-/233812638842?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292 

made by forum member Kac.