Counterfiet Coins On Ebay?

Maybe you didn't read but I am not accusing anyone and in fact the images posted are the same coin or coin with same oddities sold by another ebay seller and not the one I posted a link to. In the case of these silver "uncirculated" quarters of various years have the same backs and same errors. I don't believe the mint would use the same die over several years as they wear down and make new ones along with fronts at the same time.

My point is to show so people don't get ripped off, that's all.

The area around the talons on the real coin are not recessed as they are carved below the log surface on the suspect coin.

Back is the same die on several years on suspect coins.

Lastly the real quarter has sharp edges where the text meets the base as it is milled that way. Suspect coin has soft blended edges as you would see from a model or point cloud converted in a voxel program such as 3dCoat. I know this because I uses that software occasionally.

You obviously have a lot of experience on pressing, milling, and the creation of die forms.  I really need to see a genuine graded uncirculated coin as the control for comparison to the suspected fakes.  Plus the "business case" for expending the effort on conterfieting non-key coins just doesn't seem to be there as pointed out by others.

kac, I don't see what you think you see. Furthermore, if someone wanted to counterfeit coins I think a BU 1943 quarter would be a poor choice. If you really think it's a fake then buy it, and then shut the guy down.

Here is an uncirculated 43. No artifact on the die near bottom left back, letters are flat, talons are above the log.

I brought this to the forms for others opinions because I thought it looked odd. The more I looked the more discrepancies I saw. If I didn't post the link to a particular seller then would your opinion change? People seem to be stuck on how many sales someone has made and a sellers rating over the images and points I had in question. 

I regret putting a direct link to one of these sellers as it created some bias on peoples opinions. 

Lastly if you think about it, lower more common coins that are not typically rated could be easier to pass off to unsuspecting buyers as they are filling their collections rather than high ticket items that people pay for ratings on. Who would pay $20-$50 for a rating on a coin worth less than that? My guess is I may have stumbled on something much more wide spread and probably extends across many other coins of different years.

Only real way to confirm is to get a hold of one of the coins or if someone has bought one

Af3F5HQpz6Rf9XcasjE48YWkn2PX7Z.jpg

• Like 1