Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Short Minelab Eqx 800 Hunt With Biggest Coil- Struck Silver

• Like 2

Just bought a 15'' Nox coil so should be here by the weekend,will mainly be used more for ground coverage rather than just solely for the extra depth,from what i can understand they are superb detector/coil combination on our silver hammered coins,which of course is a big bonus as well.

My tiny 6'' coil has all ready arrived,so that will be used mainly for getting in between the stubble rows come harvest time and also on trashy roman/saxon sites,the large coil is also pretty good on trashy sites as well.

9 hours ago, RickUK said:

Just bought a 15'' Nox coil so should be here by the weekend,will mainly be used more for ground coverage rather than just solely for the extra depth,from what i can understand they are superb detector/coil combination on our silver hammered coins,which of course is a big bonus as well.

My tiny 6'' coil has all ready arrived,so that will be used mainly for getting in between the stubble rows come harvest time and also on trashy roman/saxon sites,the large coil is also pretty good on trashy sites as well.

I have found thin cut Spanish with the biggest coil.  Congrats on your purchase.  I think you’ll enjoy.  Wish I could go to UK and detect.  Loads of history there vs here.

• Like 2

Nice!  I have used both coils and they have their places.  I just pulled out a lot of finds with the 6in coil in very heavy iron in a place I have hit numerous times.  I have learned to turn the gain down in addition to increasing the Iron Bias to keep falsing down some.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      I tend to save all my finds and put them on a tray until I have time to sort them. Last year it seemed like I had too little time to sort because the two trays hold a whole year's worth of junk, jewelry, and coins. I did have additional plastic bags partially filled so the trays wouldn't overflow too much. The box holds the change that came out of all that junk on the trays. There are no picks of the jewelry because I remove that as I come home after detecting. Just wanted to share with others new to the hobby so they know that there will be junk as well as awesome finds. I used to keep track of how much change I found on each hunt, but now I just take it in and cash it out for Amazon credit. So, I'm not sure how much the change is worth yet because I have yet to take it in.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      So the actual detector’s battery has gotten some attention here.  Btw I still don’t see battery listed yet on parts list at Minelab.com.  Anyway thinking long term here what about changing batteries in the wireless WM 08 module.

• By Denny
      Detected a  stretch of  a river that had  some erosion on the banks and sand removed down to the gravels.  I dug up many coins including a buffalo nickel and a silver dime that someone was going to make into  a ring. The best find was a 14k ladies ring 3.1g  (not a genuine stone).   Also dug up what looked like a white gold  ring turned out to be stainless steel.     
      The tarsacci has good recovery speed like the T2 worked great in  the trashy area  with  broken pieces of  rusted old steel cans, bottles caps, bits and pieces of iron along with all the newer junk tossed into the river.   The tarsacci worked better than my T2 it found targets in a area I couldn’t use the T2. 
      The 2 wheat pennies were dug up  at a old park 6-7 inches deep.   The tarsacci  goes deeper it’s just that  my ctx did a good job sniffing out most of the oldies at this old park.

• By Smithsgold
      Join in the search for Gold Nuggets in the California Motherlode with Nugget Hunters Gary ( Two Toe's ), Prospector Jerry ( California Motherlode Prospectors ), Jeff ( Smithsgold ), Bedrock Bennett, and JC ( Minin Hawaiian ) as they search for elusive Gold Nuggets.
      The Nugget Hunters COMING SOON !!!!!!!