Short Minelab Eqx 800 Hunt With Biggest Coil- Struck Silver

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Just bought a 15'' Nox coil so should be here by the weekend,will mainly be used more for ground coverage rather than just solely for the extra depth,from what i can understand they are superb detector/coil combination on our silver hammered coins,which of course is a big bonus as well.

My tiny 6'' coil has all ready arrived,so that will be used mainly for getting in between the stubble rows come harvest time and also on trashy roman/saxon sites,the large coil is also pretty good on trashy sites as well.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
9 hours ago, RickUK said:

Just bought a 15'' Nox coil so should be here by the weekend,will mainly be used more for ground coverage rather than just solely for the extra depth,from what i can understand they are superb detector/coil combination on our silver hammered coins,which of course is a big bonus as well.

My tiny 6'' coil has all ready arrived,so that will be used mainly for getting in between the stubble rows come harvest time and also on trashy roman/saxon sites,the large coil is also pretty good on trashy sites as well.

I have found thin cut Spanish with the biggest coil.  Congrats on your purchase.  I think you’ll enjoy.  Wish I could go to UK and detect.  Loads of history there vs here.

Nice!  I have used both coils and they have their places.  I just pulled out a lot of finds with the 6in coil in very heavy iron in a place I have hit numerous times.  I have learned to turn the gain down in addition to increasing the Iron Bias to keep falsing down some.