I Don`t Understand What Minelab Is Doing

Marketing runs the show - everywhere. Minelab has always particularly been annoying for its silence in the wake of honest, interested queries about pretty logical and rather small questions. There is nothing more dismissive either from a person or a corporation than silence.

When a lone person, or a smaller company can make a functioning coil that broadens the GPZ's range with no association from MineLab, it flies in the face of saying ML is shorthanded for engineers or R&D funds. Expecting people who understand the breadth of Codan's business range to believe they are short of either is silly. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of days ago I had gotten a call back from Minelab about my Equinox shafts which are going to be replaced based upon the serial number of the unit.  I have one of the first to be delivered in the States so I guess all are being replaced with a new set of shafts sent just because you call them.  Good on you Minelab.

They did this even without my registration being official.  They completed it on this call.

While I had a Minelab ear I asked about any coils coming out for the 7000.  They know about the aftermarket coils and the buzz.  They also take an official position of 'no comment' at this time.  They have no official information about any coil in development but they know we all want one that is smaller.  They have received many calls and questions about them.

If we don't hear something in a couple of months some of us should show up at Bill Southern's outing and ask Minelab about the future of the 7000.

https://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/topic/34198-fall-outing-2019/#comments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good question Andy but I think so.  I want to see the X!

This time I'd like to hookup with someone and stick with them for the weekend.

Mitchel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

What outing? :blush:

(laughing…) If Rob doesn't know there's a Minelab outing, somethings weird.