XP Deus ByeBye, GB-2 & TDI-SL Hello

Well after playing with the Deus the last four months I did find a .97 gram piece of gold with the Deus. I have found a dealer to trade the Deus for a Whites TDI-SL, or maybe the Whites SPP.

As much as I love the ergonomics and no wires of the Deus, I found myself playing way to much with the settings and would have to tell myself  "quit screwing with it". 

I bought a Gold Bug 2, what a great little detector. 

I have figured out I like the SOUND only, manual controls and no fancy screen stuff. Oh ya I have looked at many detectors, and would often think how nice those digital screens are, I think they are a distraction.

PS: I have got this feeling that the Deus is kind of a prissy machine (don't want to hurt it) stupid ha.

The Gold Bug 2 I can dig rocks with the coil, and don't feel bad, hope I don't get in to trouble for detector abuse.

Ivan

• Like 2

I started out with a GB2 and love it. Very durable. Have fun with it!

Where in Az. are you?

Dean 

Hi Dean  I am Tucson Az

I have a GB2 and a Deus,I too prefer the GB for prospecting but I don't feel the Deus has a fragile frame, if fact IMO its stronger than the GB2 frame altho its more flexible

It is not that the DEUS is not durable. It is that it seems delicate and so it is a perception thing. I found myself not wanting to toss it in the back of a truck to roll around like I might do with other detectors. I can appreciate why so many people like the DEUS but like the V3i it is massive feature overkill if all you want to do is look for gold nuggets. That is why I sold mine to Ivan!

• Like 3