XP Deus ByeBye, GB-2 & TDI-SL Hello

Like All XP Machines the Deus Can be put to work and Live to tell the Tail, It's just Over engineered for the Task, The GB2 and The GMZ,, GMT and The Lobo etc all have more than enough to complete the Task, And The Battery Life on these Machine is A Dream,,, I got 57 Hours out of a set of Duracells and they still weren't Flat in the MXT, But I changed them anyway,

I think the GB2 will put food one ya Table and be a lot of fun Too, the TDI SL will do the Deed but check out those Miner John Razorback Folded Mono Coils like the 6x10/5x9 and the 7.5x11.5 ?? they seem to doing the Business In OZ.

Good Luck,,John

• Like 1

I have a GB 2, a GB Pro a GMT an F 75 and a Deus so I don't think I need another Vlf detector for nugget hunting. I an not familiar with the Fors, was just wondering.

I have a GB2 a GBP Pro a GMT an F75 and a Deus, don't think I need another VLF nugget hunter. Since I am not familiar with the Fors I was just wondering.

I agree the GB2 is the best for small,small, gold, but not as deep on larger pieces.:-)

I have gone back and forth for hours with my F65Ltd2 and FORS on found targets and they are neck and neck. The Fors is less likely to misidentify borderline marginal non-ferrous targets as ferrous but the F75 offers multiple modes the Fors lacks. Bottom line is I can't seem to let either go yet. I would love to say one clearly trumps the other for outright performance but I can't. My high mineral ground tends to level things out a lot. Take almost any quoted depths I see on the Dankowski forum and I figure about half those in my ground.

Kind of like comparing F19 to F75 - hard to get a clear winner, just all depends on the ground and targets. I think the Fors and F19 are the better bang for the buck but I just really like my F75.

Had one to try, liked it, sold it in favor of F75 since I have a FORS already and it and F19 are so close.

The F19 is really the one to have I think but I like the extra options with the F75 and the sheer feel of the machine. Still sorting it out but by the end of the year I intend to have only one single frequency detector running from 13 - 19 kHz.

• Like 1

Dave Johnson designed the MXT. Dave did the F75 much later with more technology at his disposal. The performance is similar but the F75 has more tuning/setup options.

But that is not it. Truth be told in my opinion all the 13 - 19 kHz machines are "good enough" for me. I can do well with any of them.

This may sound crazy but it is mostly about what feels good on my arm and sounds good to my ear. The F75 feels better on my arm, weight and balance, than any detector I have ever used. Just like putting on a good leather glove. Fit and feel is great - for me. Not to say my gloves would fit you well - it is a personal preference thing.

And I like the range of audio options. The machine can be set up many ways and sounds very good to my ear.

The 13 - 19 kHz performance debate is just a hair splitting exercise in forum filling debate and opinions, with the worldwide variation in ground types and targets making definitive answers impossible.

When faced with decisions like this I just get a detector like I am buying a pair of boots. They all work. I need a pair that fits well and wears well.

Like everything else the F75 is not perfect however. It has an unfortunate tendency to leaning ferrous instead of non-ferrous at the balance. The tipping point is a big deal. Go too far one way, people dig too much ferrous called as non-ferrous, and hate the machine. The F75 is designed to minimize false positives. But that means the unwary can get caught passing good targets. All metal mode though is superb.

Like all similar designs the F75 is not balanced well at all with a big coil. I have the FORS CoRe specifically for that purpose.

And final caveat always - what works well in my ground on my targets is another thing entirely in, for instance, Australia. Ultimately getting anything just because it works well for somebody else somewhere else is a crapshoot. You have to just get them and see what works for you.

True story is I hated the F75 when I first got it. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-Steve-Herschbach.htm EMI made me sell my last one finally but the new F75Ltd2 fixed that problem so now I am pretty happy.

• Like 1