Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Minelab Eqx 800 Smallest Coil And Deus Round Hf 9” Coil Over Dime On Edge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks I learnt something from that, I was hitting a coin with my 11" the other day and couldn't work out why I was so off on my dig hole as I'm usually pretty good with that, obviously it was on edge.

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks I learnt something from that, I was hitting a coin with my 11" the other day and couldn't work out why I was so off on my dig hole as I'm usually pretty good with that, obviously it was on edge.

Good chance.

Notice in video.  Person may get 2 pinpoint areas too.  When this happens split the difference and hope.  

• Like 1

Thinking of selling my Deus...I just don't use it anymore since I've got the Nox..I have the Elliptical HF coil and have yet to take it out.. Problem for me is having too many detectors and which one do you use ? Since the Nox has performed so well for me I'm reluctant to leave it in the truck.. But then again the Deus has been good to me over the past several years....I know this is a personal problem...I need help Doctor :blink:

strick 

• Haha 1

Strick

The only meds that may help you is in the form of another detector. 

Every time I sell a detector I’m kicking my rear the next day.

Go buy another detector and call me in the morning. ha ha

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aureous
      Editors Note: Split from Vanquish Thread
      Very true Reg, very few 'young'uns' are having a go....but a certain TV show is helping to a small degree I suspect. But from what Ive seen, the current 'instant gratification' generation doesnt have the patience or fortitude to spend time in the bush for more than half an hour...
    • Guest AussieDigs
      By Guest AussieDigs
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      When I refer to lower ferrous could be confusing.   I actually am talking about ferrous line being lower on screen hence a higher ferrous number.
      Depth itself of a nonferrous target can effect how high a ferrous reading is provided on Etrac screen.
      Iron, rust, nail or nails can also drive ferrous number higher.
      Ground mineralization levels will drive ferrous number readings.  Higher mineralization soil will usuallynread higher ferrous numbers on targets of equivalent depth vs soil of milder mineralization.
      The orientation, size of target can drive ferrous number also.
      So the total detecting scenario will be evaluated by what the Etrac feels as to how the ferrous number reads.
      New folks to Etrac will find this video definitely helpful.  There are some myths out there as far as using 2 tone ferrous especially.
      What the video shows I have indeed seen in the wild using Etrac and comparing.
      Etrac users wanting more detailed info on this topic see this link (Etrac Manual) pages 63-66.
      Innthe video I stand to correct myself.  I state the tone break built in Etrac using 2 tone ferrous is 19, it is actually 17 ferrous where the detector transactions as far as reporting a higher tone or lower tone.
      https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4065/4901-0065-1.3 Instruction Manual E-Trac_Screen.pdf
      A few additional comments.
      Use of 2 tone ferrous.
      Sometimes a user may indeed get a good signal (due to ferrous number reporting in the zone).
      However coil sweep speed and or coil position, coil height— if out of whack somewhat, this could drive ferrous number of what Etrac provides  hence higher ferrous number reporting could be had hence if ferrous number is high enough user will get a lower tone vs higher tone and user will keep walking.