Minelab Eqx 800 Smallest Coil And Deus Round Hf 9” Coil Over Dime On Edge

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter
33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks I learnt something from that, I was hitting a coin with my 11" the other day and couldn't work out why I was so off on my dig hole as I'm usually pretty good with that, obviously it was on edge.

Good chance.

Notice in video.  Person may get 2 pinpoint areas too.  When this happens split the difference and hope.  

Thinking of selling my Deus...I just don't use it anymore since I've got the Nox..I have the Elliptical HF coil and have yet to take it out.. Problem for me is having too many detectors and which one do you use ? Since the Nox has performed so well for me I'm reluctant to leave it in the truck.. But then again the Deus has been good to me over the past several years....I know this is a personal problem...I need help Doctor :blink:

strick 

Strick

The only meds that may help you is in the form of another detector. 

Every time I sell a detector I’m kicking my rear the next day.

Go buy another detector and call me in the morning. ha ha

Chuck 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

That is a cool test though I have neither of those detectors I did that test on my AT Pro with stock and Tejon with both the 10x12 dd and the 8x9 concentric.

The ATP performed pretty much like the test but numbers locked in really good but blind on edge just like your test yet tip and tail hit solid.

The 10x12 on Tejon performed ok but not as consistent as the AT Pro. Distance on tip and and tail about the same, maybe more hard to tell.

The concentric on the Tejon was blind more in one direction than the other. More blind parallel to edge like a dd yet the perimeter of the Rx coil hit solid as if it was the tip or tail.

• Like 1

Was thinking about this and came up with a conclusion. I think the signal doesn't go straight down and actually goes a bit beyond the nose and tail of the coil like a bulge so there should be a sweet spot that can be closer or further depending on gain setting.

Testing this I taped a silver dime on edge between 2 blocks and stood it up and was able to detect the coin with parallel swings even level with the coin and dropping gain brought it back to the coil size. Basically high gain will help with coins on edge as your detection area is larger and more wide spread. This gives me thought as to drop my gain when in trashy areas to narrow my detection field. Might be handy balance for those larger coils in parks etc.

Yet something else to fiddle with when out in the field 🙂