Hello went back to the spot of my latest trench and decided to dig one longer,i left markers last week which were still there on thursday but were gone on Saturday ...........so i left some this time heavy enough that u need a bit of strength to move those rock.......I was equipped with the 9"HF 1 spade ,1 pickaxe and 1 Hodan pick.Weather was ok not too hot.

The pickaxe really helped to loosen the compacted gravel,and i think with a bit of practice i will getter better at it.I detected the spoil once out ,and it was very easy with the deus to switch 

on and off.

So i found:

-1 Rose farthing

-1 Nuremberg token

-1 beautiful button from the 4th regiment of the East  India Company

-1 roman coin

-1 strap of some sort probably medieval.

I did found anything while refilling the trench(which is good) and i more than happy with the result as i still got 100s of trench to do on that spot but also i am the only one allowed as most of the license holders are scrapping only?.I also found a pretty long clay pipe

Enjoy the work out 

RR

thumbnail-37.jpeg

thumbnail-39.jpeg

thumbnail-38.jpeg

thumbnail-40.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice haul for such a small spot, but I guess you've got 2+ millenia of drops.  I bet you also got your share of trash.  ?  What's a Nuremberg token?

Regis me old mate,thats a tremendous size trench for the Thames foreshore and its because you are one of the few 'Larkers' that has that rare licence to dig that deep,love the finds thats one of the beauties that the Thames is very kind and keep them in usually great condition.

Just hope your good lady wife is still around and not in that hole that you dug ? ? will you be using the new Tesoro elliptical coil on the 'Old Father Thames' foreshore ??

I have bombarded this spot for years ,but its now very popular i pick up more than 2000 pounds(british) of gold there .Wedding rings,cufflinks,broken gold bits etc maybe the size of 2 basket ball pitch.....now i am searching in a different way and so far it isn't too bad.

The deus is very convenient as i can dig and switch on the headphones as i whish......

More to come

RR

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice haul for such a small spot, but I guess you've got 2+ millenia of drops.  I bet you also got your share of trash.  ?  What's a Nuremberg token?

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/pages/nuremberg-jetons.html

RR

• Like 2