Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

New Eqx Shaft Offering - Aftermarket Telescopic

• Like 1

I really like and admire those who come up with such innovations to improve our detecting life and equipment.  However, a primary consideration/concern for beach hunters like me would be that sand gets into everything as we know.  I can see that pesky sand quickly jamming up the telescoping action which will either prevent the telescoping movement altogether, make it increasingly rough to extend/collapse and/or it will sand down the surface of the shafts in short order.

This may work fine for those who don't have to deal with beach sand but I don't think it would work for me.

Just the view from my sandy foxhole....

I use a homemade 1 piece carbon fiber rod with the stock lower, factory is sloppy from day one.  Anyway i think this looks well made and will be a big deal for a lot of people. Agree that its not a good choice for a water machine. People with small cars, apt dwellers and hunting remote spots where you have to buck brush to get to will like this. i have a gun rack that i keep my EQ on or would think about buying one just for the small storage aspect without having to dissemble it.

• Like 1

Very nice telescopic shaft kit!

That guy could've made that video about 20 minutes shorter though :rolleyes:

Nice weight results! It should be very light.

Agree with Cal_Cobra, the video could be shorter ?