jrbeatty

Gold Hitting Record $AU Highs

Looks like instability in the Persian Gulf has had one positive outcome with gold topping AU$2000 for the first time.

Certainly will run higher but may need to consolidate first. Traders taking profits may also push it down:

2a-aud-us-d-Large.gif

• Like 3

Well has been going nowhere for awhile, have been putting off a smelt, tis time.

• Like 3

Yea, me too.  I must have about 30 nuggets I need to get smelted to cash in while the price is high.

IMG_20190402_090329.thumb.jpg.662631630db4f48a7c7ec219061f29f5.jpg

Slap enough of these puppies together and I might have a good melt result.

• Like 4

I remember gold being around the $500 mark before I got into detecting, we use to sluice all week just making enough to keep going. On one trip my prospecting mate thought he could make more money if he smelted his gold he found that week to make fake nuggets. It ended in disaster, he poured the gold into a jar of water & it exploded on him. I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard, but unfortunately for old mate we never found his gold... none of us owned a detector at the time! 

• Like 3

I would like to deliver a long dissertation on world monetary and economic dynamics for you folks but I'm going prospecting. With prices up like this I loose a a lot less money mining.

• Haha 3

I don't sell my gold.   My hope is that the price rises so that I break even.  Sometimes the gold found won't pay for gas or even the caffeine that keeps you awake on the long drive home.  But I still LOVE it

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bloodgold2
      Hi everybody, for those that are interested my new novel has now been uploaded to Amazon in Ebook format for those that like reading that way printed copies should be available next week. I am currently contacting suppliers of my first novel to see if they are interested in doing the same again for Bush Redemption, will keep everybody updated. Cheers Dave.
    • By madtuna
      Erlistoun Station has a new phone number 9031 3954. If no one is there to answer please leave a message. The new managers name is Butch Shaw.
      Also as of the coming Tuesday Aug 1st, an aerial muster will be taking place also utilizing ground crews in 4x4's quads, bikes and numerous other mad max look alike vehicles.
      Please, if on the station it is imperative for your safety and ours that we know where you are. These are not tame cows from a petting zoo, they are wild scrub cattle that will kill you.
      Also be aware GSDU are active on this and the surrounding station checking miners rights, permits and compliance. Two men, residents from NSW and Tas faced Leonora court today for illegal mining (on an EL without a section 40E permit)
      Cheers,
      Steve
    • By madtuna
      Hi folks, just wondering if anyone based in the Melbourne area is doing the trek across the Nullaboring to the Leonora, Laverton or even the Kalgoorlie area in the next month or so?
      There's a 19" GPZ coil for sale in Melb but the postage cost is ridiculous and I'd be willing to swing you a carton of beer or some dollars plus I promise not to say nasty things about you Victorians ever again. I am even willing to publicly state you are better at AFL than we are.

• By bloodgold2
      Hi Steve and members, if this is not in the right section please move. Well my new novel Bush Redemption is now getting very close to print. The front and rear cover have been done, interior layout finalized, editing finished, just waiting on the first print copy to arrive before going into full print. It will also be a Ebook on the internet. Here is the front and rear cover, cheers Dave. 

• By GoldEn
      Hi all
      billions, trillion , quadrillion.
      http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/science/wall-st-firm-says-mining-platinum-from-asteroids-is-realistic-way-for-bankers-to-earn-billions/news-story/64a54ee94cdf5c02b5e994ffafa945bd

Interesting 

GoldEN
    • By Gold Seeker
      I find it very hard to comprehend the mindset of this person!!
      https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/queenstown-lakes/second-largest-gold-nugget-found-lost