A Nice Assortment Of Finds With The Equinox

Quality finds all the way around, looks like you have some great history to save where you're located.

Awesome finds... congrats!!!!

What are kettle points?  I googled and not much on it's history, origins. 

Kettle points are Native American arrow points made from cut up trade kettles. They usually are brass. Kettles back in the 1600's were shaped more like buckets and the natives cut them up and made points.  They come in a good number of varieties.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Nik11
      2 metal detectors under 1000$€£ 
      Both have won many compliments and have been talked a lot  since they were released in the market! Which one would YOU choose...? 🤔
    • By Northeast
      Having just spent a few days at the beach using the Equinox in beach mode and it performing so well I wondered if people use them for detecting salt lakes looking for gold.  Maybe a silly question? 
      My disclaimer is that I have never done that sort of detecting but have read many comments over the past few years about salt lakes being notoriously hard for detectors to handle. 
      Although the Equinox is a VLF and might struggle against a PI in mineralised ground, would it possibly have a distinct advantage in a high salt environ.  
      Steve H - thanks for shifting my other thread about beach detecting. Again, wasn’t sure about this one - Gold forum or Equinox?
      Cheers, N.E.
    • By Al F
      I’m wondering which Equinox ( 600 or 800 ) would be the better for my use for what I do here in So Calif... mostly Beaches....any thoughts ? ?
    • By mn90403
      Late this afternoon I snuck in a beach hunt.  It was very disappointing in the beginning.  The conditions were just great with a low tide but there was nothing much down low.  I began following the advice I gave Adam about Zig Zagging and it was only producing odd targets.  Sometimes the beach just doesn't have much to give you I began to say.  When I reached one of my good beaches after about a mile walk and the conditions weren't right it was time to return on the high side.
      This I did and I worked my way into a few coins rather than just trash and by now I had 3 cheap rings which I would have been 'satisfied' with had I gotten back to my car then but it was a great sunset again.  This time I didn't have my phone so no pictures of it.  I worked the high side for a bit with a grid and then I heard a little 1.  When I say 'little' I mean it was not very loud.  It was consistent and I was hopeful.  I don't get many 1's so in my first scoop I could see something sandy hanging from it and it had knots.  It wasn't exactly balled up but I could tell it was a chain and I was hopeful.
      I could see it ... GOLD!

And when I got it home I was able to measure it.  It is 30 inches (a delicate link) that weighs 8.4 grams.

That gives me some pause but I'll get it checked and modify the post if it is a fake.
      Here it is with the other junk from the hunt.

Here is a hunt from 4 days ago when there was a lot less than today.

Mitchel
    • By BGRIVER
      So after returning the gold Kruzer to kellyco, I decided to go with an equanox 800 instead, thanks to Kellyco for hooking me up with a good deal! They took care of me! What coil is a good second coil? What do u use it for. I'll be in the river mostly and at the beach around 3 times a year. 
    • By longbow62
      In the last week I have found 12 silver coins at some incredible depths with the Equinox 800. Dimes, quarters, and wheat cents at up to 12". Both Park1 and Park2 have been used depending on the soil. I think Park1 may be a little deeper than Park2. Regardless of which Park program I use I run Iron Bias in F2-0-1, Multi 5 tones, Recovery 4, Sensitivity 22-24 if EMI is low, but even at 20 I have achieved some incredible depths. I've had buddies swing over these with Etrac's and CTX's with large coils and they can't touch some of these deep coins. One buddy used his Etrac, Deus, and Anfibio and was skunked on the deep silver at this place.