A Nice Assortment Of Finds With The Equinox

GKman

Thanks Folks...

An update on those Tony Eisenhower headphones.. I was able to hear the detector while scuba diving with them.  Not sure how many others are trying the Equinox in this type of environment but if you are I would recommend these headhphones over the Grey Ghost.

• Like 4

Thought I responded to this post a couple days ago.  Maybe the site crashed and was restored to an earlier backup?  Anyway, what I meant to say was:

Great finds GKman!  I see a 1798 Large Cent -- a rare find to get any 18th Century official US coin since the mint didn't start up until 1792.  I'm curious as to what that coin is shown just above the 1798 Cent.  Have you identified it?

Amazing stuff there!

18 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Thought I responded to this post a couple days ago.  Maybe the site crashed and was restored to an earlier backup?  Anyway, what I meant to say was:

Great finds GKman!  I see a 1798 Large Cent -- a rare find to get any 18th Century official US coin since the mint didn't start up until 1792.  I'm curious as to what that coin is shown just above the 1798 Cent.  Have you identified it?

Thanks GB.. I have not identified it yet. I think it is 1700, so William III?  

• Like 1

Stunning saves GKman and definitely the treasures us West Coasters dream of.  The site you are hunting certainly has many years of use and it reminds me of a "Landing" I hunted in the early 1990's.  KG Coppers from 1600's, Large Cent's, IH Cents, as well as Rev and CW era goodies.  Probably one of my favorite sites from back East.  The headphones you like.. TE's, why do you prefer them vs GG's., just curious.  Thanks for taking the extra efforts to photo finds and share.

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Stunning Saves GKman and certainly the treasures us West Coasters dream of.  The site you are hunting certainly has many years of use and it reminds me of a "Landing" I hunted in the early 1990's.  KG Coppers from 1600's, Large Cent's, IH Cents, as well as Rev and CW era goodies.  Probably one of my favorite sites from back East.  The headphones you like.. TE's, why do you prefer them vs GG's., just curious.  Thanks for taking the extra efforts to photo finds and share.

Hi Gerry

Thank you. I am here in the Hudson Valley of New York, so I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by lots of history..

The Tony Eisenhower headphones sounded twice as loud as the grey ghost when I was diving.

Unfortunately with all the bubbles that are generated underwater with each exhale it made it almost impossible to hear anything with the ghosts. I suppose the Tony Eisenhower could be even louder, but they were good enough for me

• Like 1