X-coil Connection Update

I think if someone were to go back through all of the posts on Steve's or any other website about detecting you would see a progression of detectorists to the latest and greatest technology.  Some old technology still works fine such as the GPXs.  With proper research there is still a bit of virgin ground or unhammered patches even in WA!

Many detectors and coils have had their day in the sun before another product or innovation came along and surpassed it.  (Every dog has its day so to say!)  The X Coils now have a bit of a shine when it comes to hammered patches and it is reflecting on the 7000.  Maybe someone will find some virgin ground with these X Coils but for now they are mostly being used to find missed or unseen gold on old patches.  That is a normal pattern of use by detectorist too. 

Go back to where gold has been found before.  Now you do it with an X Coil.

Mitchel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Of course there is no way in hell ML is going to warranty or service one of their coils that has had the chip cut off it. I think the coils only have a 12 month warranty in the first place. I could be wrong there. So after 12 months & the coil is still all good & proved itself, why would it need to be serviced? I am assuming you would put a female connector back on the coil cable so you could still use it. The reality is that you will most likely never put that ML coil back on your Zed once you are hooked up with some X coils. Just my opinion & findings using these X coils.

JW ? 

Minelab coils have 3 years warranty.

Same same though - a lot would now be close to or out of warranty.

Just something I haven't seen, what is the X coil warranty & is it return to Russia or return to Aussie distributor?

12 month Warranty, I just went back through Davgolds emails, I assume that would be return to him not Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Random question for Davsgold or anyone, is there a robust gold detecting scene in Russia with people using these coils too? I'm curious how it ended up that they came out of Russia of all places, being a part of the world I don't normally hear much about when it comes to gold detecting. Can we know any more about the company or person making these coils?

Is there some kind of forum that isn't English language with users reporting usage of these X Coils in parts of the net I wouldn't normally stumble across?

• Like 2

My connector just arrived.  The male end looks like you could put some heat shrink around, but definitely not the female end.  Either way, I would agree that the liquid electrical tape will be a good safe guard.

• Like 1

PM sent.

Bill