X-coil Connection Update

I have had about 9 people now send me offers :laugh:.  I guess I will sell it.  I am going to allow a full day for anyone else to submit offers and or ask questions.  I will post this in the Classified section too.  Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9PM Mountain time, I will PM the person with the highest offer, as I get PMs through out the day I will let others know what the exact highest offer is or let them know if they are currently the highest.  I do have to work, so have patience with my replies.  See the Classified for more details.

• Like 1

Well, if nothing else I guess this shows Minelab they could have been making some $dough off selling these patch cords if they wanted to get some cash from the X Coil release. 

Can the service center here sell the coils they warrantied out and would otherwise be tossing, assuming the chip was good and kick Minelab it's nominal profit cut? If so, get a hold of me and sell me your trash. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Plenty of cheap 19" "Dog" coils on Fleabay and Gummie here in Aus.

Might be worth $AU700 to get the chip? Probably not worth putting the plug back on though.

Price seems to have dipped since all those faulty x coils hit the market. ?

Dunno JR I got ozs with the 19ML, on ground that had been flogged with everything up to 22" on 5000s. The 19"ML to me is up there with those "faulty" X coils you talk of. Horses for courses and jockeys, but I accept & respect your opinion, there is no definite, what works for one individual isn`t for all.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I probably haven't thought this out to well but would it be possible to cut off the chip and fit it inside the gpz case behind the plug that connects the coils. This would solve a possible extra connection problem. the gpz14 or whatever you sacrificed and any x-coil would plug in without having a patch lead in between causing possible loose wire interference. Might be a problem though if you tried using another gpz coil that had the chip on the lead. 

Or change the plug on the gpz to suite the x-coil plug. Yes i wouldnt be the first to try the double chip:ohmy: 

If the chip tell the 7000 which coil is being used does the detector react differently when either the gpz14 or gpz19 is fitted? Just asking as wondering when you have used the gpz19 coil as the donor chip for the patch lead and then you fit a 10" x-coil if the detector is running at its best. I would think there wouldnt be a difference, but who knows whats going on within the electronics/software

Steve Herschbach - The coils are intelligent coils that tell the detector which coil is being used, much like has been done with the X-Terra coils.

Yeah, from my experience with the 3 X coils and the 2 ML coils I have I cannot tell any difference in the Zs operation with different coils except as a direct close size replacement the 15" X coil walks over the 14" ML coil, in performance, in stability, in ground handling and in knock resistance. Mind you the 14"ML coil is 4 years old has seen a lot of use & abuse. 

• Like 1

Good to hear Dave. Only new to the 7000 so wasn't sure if the zed behaved differently when a 14 or 19 was attached. Looking forward to trying these coils out myself soon