GPZ With The 10" X Coil

Out early this morn. to a shallow patch that produced nuggets up to 3 grams, the very first patch I found with the Z when it was less then a month old. 4 hours of detecting with the new 10" X coil, like both the 15 & 12 I found I could run the Z in normal on some fairly hot ground. Gold...…………. WOW it gets them small and that`s all it got small scraps, 10 to the gram stuff.  Now the 10 " runs a little noisier then the 12 & 15, thus I dropped the sensitivity to 8, no knock sensitivity at all, I was amongst rocks and tall grass. 

The patch I run this on, was the initial patch I run my modded SDC with the 11" Coiltek Extreme, by doing so I thought I`d be able to perhaps see some difference in the ability of the Zs 10" X coil vs SDCs 11" Extreme coil, not so, both are top small gold coils.

Whilst retrieving a nugget, the Zs threshold disappeared, I found the machine had turned itself off. I took the battery off and put it back, restarted the Z and no further troubles. Whether this was caused by a bad battery conx, or is related to the X coil I don`t know. I have never experienced an unexplained turn off before, thus will be keeping a eye on this should it occur again, I was using my sons Z as mine has the 12"X on it, back in the ute.

Am I impressed with the 10" X coil, I sure am, it is a top addition to my coil armoury, will see much use amongst rock and narrow gullies where the larger coils will not go, although I do prefer the 15" X which has replaced the ML14 as my go to coil on the Z, I love nothing better then new patch hunting, just haven`t the patience for the clean up of patches, although they are there for the days my legs can`t do the yards.

• Like 9

Thanks MN, tis all I can do but put it down as it is, no sugar, milk or saccharine, I did think of you this morn and was going to take a photo of my back yards 3ft high grass and 2ft diameter rocks but in my excitement I forgot, next time I promise, which will probably be Monday, I solemnly promise if I don`t forget.?

Norvic, a mate of mine in Maldon has a 7000 that on the odd occasion just shuts down for no apparent reason. It has done this for some time.

PS He only has the standard 14" coil.

• Like 1

Yeah, Reg thank you for that, as tis my sons Z he`ll probably crack up big time if it happens to him now, I`ll be bad Dad of the year. I didn`t beat it up, treated it way better then I treat my own. Come to think of it he left it with me, no prompting at all, I smell a rat, these young generators have no respect.

• Haha 2

Fascinating to see the results you and others are getting, Norvic.

I expect some person will step up with an adaptor for these coils...of course, they will disavow any responsibility for warranty or repairs...unless Minelab steps up.

Thank you for reporting your results!

fred

• Thanks 1

Been teaching it how to find gold, the shock of its, too much for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3