Cleggy

Can I Reduce Gpx's Mind Blowing Sensitivity

Can I reduce the sensitivity of my GPX 5000 but still keep good depth. 
I'll show you the problems I'm getting in this video

My GPX 4500 with 14x9" EVO coil is the same, I can't carry my pick on my hip, it sets it off so I carry it over my shoulder, I can't have my carrot in my pocket or my phone, sets it off every step, especially if walking uphill.

I've got used to it, it's the price you pay for having a powerful machine.

Other coils like the 11" Commander don't cause the problem but aren't as sensitive I guess?

You can go to smaller DD coils but that kind of negates why you use a GPX - the power. Basically, no, you can’t reduce sensitivity without reducing depth.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tugboat
      Hi People when you see other detectorists, how much distance should one give each other?  and 2nd question is, i have the minelab 15 pinpointer  but it really struggles unless its all most on the target, it was a free pinpointer that came with the 600. Do i buy the minelab 35 or another brand? thanks
    • By Joe L
      Being new to these forums, if this is not the place for this, please move. Due to excitement just wanted to sing out here.
      I am adding a Gold detector to my arsenal..  I did research this for quite a bit and realized that gold detecting, nuggets anyway, would only be maybe 1%, well maybe less, use of the machine. It would also be used for general detecting and a unit for friends that want to give it a try (it’s a easy to use detector.) But, I do want a capable detector the will work for gold also. Reading Steve’s review and rating of this detector, I'm pulling the the lever.
      For these reasons I have chosen a     Fisher Gold Bug Pro.
      Thanks for listening.  Joe 
    • By shredmandan
      I see the Minelab GPX 4500 is being discontinued. If the price goes down is it worth it to pick one up or has what replaced it that much better? Perhaps a premium will now be asked for the remaining new GPX 4500's? Is now the time to buy??
    • By kac
      Found this while scouting out another section of woods along a main trail. It's a Harvard Crimsons pin that was gold plated over brass.
      Also found a 61 silver Canadian quarter. Got excited at first until I whipped the dirt off the rim and saw it wasn't a really old USA coin :( . Also a musket ball and small round.

• By geof_junk
      A interesting article with some good videos.
      http://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t26534-home-made-skid-plates-easy
    • By old goldy
      I was wondering if anyone on this site can help me setting up a Goldseeker 9000 VLF/TR Metal Detector.The detector was built here in Australia by the creators who are now Minelab [I think].Well, my dad [Deceased] bought the unit in 1983 but never got a chance to use it because he had a stroke, so my Mum just put it away in the shed,Well, about 6 months before my Mum passed away last year, she gave it to me after she found it cleaning out her shed.There are a few instructions with it but not very clear, so if anyone out there can help me out, it would be very much appreciated.I know it is a good machine, and I would like to use it and try it out.Thanking everyone in advance.