Comparison: SDC With Or Without Coiltek Coils Vs. GPZ With Or Without Xcoils

Just found this video on Youtube and he has another one posted...pretty good results in Australia with the 14" x 9" coil. My new SDC just arrived this morning and the coil is on the way!:minelab::coiltek:

Bill

• Like 2

Do only 2 people own these new Coiltek coils?  Even if you don’t have an Xcoil lets hear or see some reviews on these Coiltek ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Do only 2 people own these new Coiltek coils?  Even if you don’t have an Xcoil lets hear or see some reviews on these Coiltek ones.

Seems that way, has MLs very negative reaction to the users X coil reviews stopped any SDC aftermarket coil discussion? I am very happy with the Coiltek 11" I`ve added to my SDC, as I`ve stated in my combined Coitek 11" and Xcoil 10" review.

• Like 1

Posted part of this a while ago on another forum....

Have been following with interest a bloke here with an SDC and the new 14" x 9".

I took him to a recently scraped patch where you can always rake up beer money. Using my standard SDC I located 6 targets for him, 5 turned out to be gold and 1 was a tiny chip off a loader bucket.

With his SDC fitted with the Coiltek 14X9 we could not hear 4 of the gold targets. The 1 gold target we did hear, we only heard it because we knew it was there. The bucket chip was clearly heard.
No way would the nugget we did hear have pulled us up had it not been located first.

On this same spot I found 12 more small pieces that day while he found none.
The bigger coil certainly loses the sensitivity of the standard coil and he's pretty confident he's not getting bigger bits at depth either that he's getting with his 5000.

This probably doesn't mean much and was in no way a definitive test. It's just what we found on the day and no doubt others experiences will differ.

• Like 6