Whats In Your Coil?

That's one of the top ten coolest posts I've seen on gold forums! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 7

On ya Strick, spooky lookin mob of animals you mustered up there. I think I`ll stick to a juicy thick tee bone, lightly scorched grilled on a rarin fire. That`ll get Nurse Paul goin, Trent`ll get no sense out of him today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Looks like a ferrite choke inside the GPZ 14" stock coil too!

We've had a ferrite inside our coil all along it looks like. :tongue:

It's not in the photo you posted of the coil being tested in the Minelab bench, wonder if it's just an FCC compliance thing as some mentioned in earlier threads. It seems to be covering a wire junction or solder point in the middle.

Anyone know what that square thing in the GB2 coil is?

Also, I hope my Deus coil goes bad at some point just so I can take it apart without worry about breaking it and figure out how they crammed a whole detector into that tiny amount of circuitry. There must be more shielded in that tube thing.

• Like 2

Absolutely bloody brilliant,really one of the top posts !!

• Like 2

• 7 hours ago, strick said:

Something I've been wanting to do for a while now..I got another x ray  generator couple weeks ago and wanted to try it out on my DR System.. Heres most but not all of the coils I have. 

Yep, that is a way cool post, Strick.  It makes me want to go out and get an MRI.  Or not …..

• Haha 1